IGNORED

The Black Beast is back on the road...

Steve S

Hell Friends.

Well I finally got home Thursday morning after being gone working for 38 days. After a short nap I took my paperwork to the courthouse and got the Black Beast relicensed.( I had to apply for a rebuild title). I slapped the license plate on, fired her off and went for a 3 hr cruise. Boy did it feel GOOOOOOD to be back on her. As good a bike as the Nomad is it just doesn't compare to a RSV.

A couple of the changes that I made that I was wondering about were the handle bars and the front fork springs. I put a set of Flander's bars on and man what a difference. I had the 1 1/2 inch Baron's risers on but these bars are so much better there is no comparison. This should be the bars that Yamaha uses as stock. I cant wait il I can go on an all day run to see how good I will feel.

The fork springs were changed out for a set of firmer springs from Sonic Springs. Since I am an agressive rider I wanted a little firmer front fork. I also changed out the fork oil to 10 w oil. Boy did I get a firmer front end. I drove hard down into a couple of corners just to see what would happen when I laid on the front brake. It was amazing. The bike did not try to stand up at all. And the ride??? With 6 lbs of air in the front shocks, I did add a air balance kit also, it rode as smooth and soft as it did when it was new.

I took out the rear lowering links and went back to stock when I changed out the rear brake line. I'm not totally happy with the way it sits so I am going to make a set of links that are half way between stock and the Baron's set. When I rode 2 up the mufflers would drag way too much to suit me. I even pumped the air up to 65 psi on the rear shock but it didn't seem to help. I will let ya'll know how that works out.

In my rush to get back on the road I have not cleaned her up good yet. As soon as I can get it cleaned and waxed I will post some pics of her. She looks as good as new.