IGNORED

electrical-fuse or what on an 86

radioshack does not exist here.They went bankrupt.I have to think a minute where a place would be that has items like that. It does look simple, but my fuse box was replaced with a minifuse type by the former owner.There is a slot left unused in the middle.I guess pop a fuse in there and run the wire to it.However, the glassfuse type would easily be moved out of the way, put the bypass wirein, then snap the fuse back in.I am not sure if a minifuse prong would allow a piece of wire under it and be pushed back into the holder.I do understand what needs to be done though.I was told if there was no resistor put in this circuit the computer could be ruined.

radioshack does not exist here.They went bankrupt.I have to think a minute where a place would be that has items like that. It does look simple, but my fuse box was replaced with a minifuse type by the former owner.There is a slot left unused in the middle.I guess pop a fuse in there and run the wire to it.However, the glassfuse type would easily be moved out of the way, put the bypass wirein, then snap the fuse back in.I am not sure if a minifuse prong would allow a piece of wire under it and be pushed back into the holder.I do understand what needs to be done though.I was told if there was no resistor put in this circuit the computer could be ruined.

I get it.I need the resistor.I have no idea what it looks like or whether I have one or not. If the probe line does not have one, where do you get one? Hooking into a fused part I am not sure.The archaic glassfuse box was replaced by 1 with minifuses.

Yep,, as in all things from fully accesorized new touring bikes all the way down to teeny little electronic components, internet sales has greatly impacted both large chain stores and mom/pop brick n mortars alike... Rollin with the flow..... Here ya go Cruise.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3K-Ohm-1-4-Watt-Carbon-Film-Resistor-5-Pieces-Prime-Parts-US-Seller-Free-S-H/152868992980?hash=item2397b3b7d4:g:1VYAAOSwDkpaXmYv

pictures.dont know why they are crooked.$200.00 for the bike

I just recently ran into the same issue on another site. The easy explanation I found was that the software for either your phone or camera isn't compatible with the software the site uses to display your pics. So on your phone or camera when it takes the picture it either saves it as a portrait or landscape image. When you download the photo the software on the site doesn't know the orientation so it chooses how it thinks it should be displayed. So in your case is chose the opposite orientation from what your phone or camera used. One solution is to convert the image to a Jpeg file and it will always display in the same orientation. I used Windows Paint to convert my pics to a Jpeg file and it seems to work fine. Hope this helps.......

Edited by Johnnycyclone

I just recently ran into the same issue on another site. The easy explanation I found was that the software for either your phone or camera isn't compatible with the software the site uses to display your pics. So on your phone or camera when it takes the picture it either saves it as a portrait or landscape image. When you download the photo the software on the site doesn't know the orientation so it chooses how it thinks it should be displayed. So in your case is chose the opposite orientation from what your phone or camera used. One solution is to convert the image to a Jpeg file and it will always display in the same orientation. I used Windows Paint to convert my pics to a Jpeg file and it seems to work fine. Hope this helps.......

all my downloaded photos say jpeg.I use the same technique everywhere, and for some reason certain sites are sideways.

Yep,, as in all things from fully accesorized new touring bikes all the way down to teeny little electronic components, internet sales has greatly impacted both large chain stores and mom/pop brick n mortars alike... Rollin with the flow..... Here ya go Cruise.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3K-Ohm-1-4-Watt-Carbon-Film-Resistor-5-Pieces-Prime-Parts-US-Seller-Free-S-H/152868992980?hash=item2397b3b7d4:g:1VYAAOSwDkpaXmYv

$1.89 and free shipping.Unbelieveable.I bought them.It looks like resistors with a wire i can squeeze under a fuse somehow.

all my downloaded photos say jpeg.I use the same technique everywhere, and for some reason certain sites are sideways.

Sorry, I thought that would work since they are already a jpeg file. I did some more research and one suggestion was to open the file in graphics based software and save the file. I tried my usual and opened your pics in Windows Paint, I rotated it and then saved it as jpeg. Worked fine, so if you don't mind the extra steps this may be work around for now. Hope you don't mind me testing it on your pics. By the way, looks like a nice bike and at a great price. Nice buy!

Bike.jpg

Bike2.jpg

Thanks for straightening the pictures. I could hardly believe it when I pulled the bike cover off it at the guys house and saw how good it looked.It hasnt been started for over a year,maybe longer.But the front tire looks to have less than 100 miles on it.The little rubber molding hairs are still on it.The seat cover looks good,overall it looks good.I have a lot of things to do as always in regard to fluids oil change etc.A new battery soon.I dont want to waste $100 on a battery till I know more about the engine.The seller had a relative and it was the relatives uncle who took good care of it.The uncle suddenly died.They just wanted it gone.$200. I feel quite lucky. The seller had some more bike stuff in his back yard,pieces of this and that.His garage was crammed full of harleys, and an awesome 1943 bmw with a sidecar in army green original. I have never been lucky before.Its a good feeling.The downer is i dropped it getting it into the trailer and broke the side faring on the left side of a perfectly preserved set of plastics.I have 2 sets of spares,not the black and gold.So I went to the auto paint store and bought the black and gold.I learned the hard way that yamaha international does not know how to send the right color, even with the bike serial number when I was touching up a 99 rsv.But this store uses a computer, scans a piece of a bike with the desired color on it, this time i gave them the false tank cover, and they matched it perfectly.$64.00. I dont know when I will get it all sorted out, but its like Christmas morning for a 5 year old everytime i go in the garage and tinker with it.