IGNORED

Mama Tried

zagger

The Mama Tried motorycycle show happens in Milwaukee at this time of year. http://mamatriedshow.com/ I went with a couple of friends but had to wait in a line 3 blocks long outside in the freezing cold with high winds. And after entering the building, you were forced to submit to guys with wand type metal detectors. My friend had his pocket knife confiscated by these pricks. I saw what was happening and slipped my little pocket knife into my shoe and it wasn't detected. This morning I checked their website and they do not mention any rules regarding knives, guns, or whatever. And there weren't any warning signs by the doors. I will never go to this again. Afterwards I was asking myself why I didn't just tell them to get screwed and walk out the door. I guess that after driving for an hour, paying to park, and waiting in the cold in a long line, made me more compliant than I should have been. What a bunch of sheep we have become!

I really hate the "weapon free" mentality that seems to be accepted these days in public buildings. Of course, my little knife is hardly a weapon - maybe I could poke somebody with the scissors? If someone wants to shoot up a place, it seems logical to me that they would pick a location where everyone has been disarmed and cannot resist - just like that kid in the news that recently shot up a public school. The anti-gun folks are so naive that it just makes me want to scream.

The show was ok but very crowded - $10 to park, $18 to get in, $8 beers. Not worth it. Talked to one guy with a long chopper and he had to have guys haul his bike up the steps to the third floor where the show was taking place. The elevator wasn't big enough. All vendors selling crap on the first two floors - didn't look much but noticed one guy selling skate boards, wtf. My friends said that I should enter my chopper Venture in the show next year - I'd rather jam my swiss army knife scissors in my eye!

Any ideas on how to dump crap on their dumb show?

zag

Maybe they were concerned some of the biker gangs would show up. The Hells Angels are still active in Chicago aren't they? I was watching a tv show the other day entitiled "Biker Chicks". The main person they were talking about first married one of the leaders of the Mongols. The Mongols were having a turf war with the Outlaws in FL and he was killed in his garage while working on a bike. They showed a photo of the guy in his garage and a Gen I Venture was in the background of the photo in his garage!!

The Mama Tried motorycycle show happens in Milwaukee at this time of year. http://mamatriedshow.com/ I went with a couple of friends but had to wait in a line 3 blocks long outside in the freezing cold with high winds. And after entering the building, you were forced to submit to guys with wand type metal detectors. My friend had his pocket knife confiscated by these pricks. I saw what was happening and slipped my little pocket knife into my shoe and it wasn't detected. This morning I checked their website and they do not mention any rules regarding knives, guns, or whatever. And there weren't any warning signs by the doors. I will never go to this again. Afterwards I was asking myself why I didn't just tell them to get screwed and walk out the door. I guess that after driving for an hour, paying to park, and waiting in the cold in a long line, made me more compliant than I should have been. What a bunch of sheep we have become!

I really hate the "weapon free" mentality that seems to be accepted these days in public buildings. Of course, my little knife is hardly a weapon - maybe I could poke somebody with the scissors? If someone wants to shoot up a place, it seems logical to me that they would pick a location where everyone has been disarmed and cannot resist - just like that kid in the news that recently shot up a public school. The anti-gun folks are so naive that it just makes me want to scream.

The show was ok but very crowded - $10 to park, $18 to get in, $8 beers. Not worth it. Talked to one guy with a long chopper and he had to have guys haul his bike up the steps to the third floor where the show was taking place. The elevator wasn't big enough. All vendors selling crap on the first two floors - didn't look much but noticed one guy selling skate boards, wtf. My friends said that I should enter my chopper Venture in the show next year - I'd rather jam my swiss army knife scissors in my eye!

Any ideas on how to dump crap on their dumb show?

zag

I would have to say you've already done it.:smash2: Your glowing assessment would be enough to keep me away. :buttkick:Nothing like paying money to be frisked by thieves as far as the confiscating knives goes. The country has gone crazy with rules and laws. 3.2.1.:scratchchin::icon_lurker:

We have found in our business that there is no such thing as 'bad publicity'. Sure, maybe you didn't appreciate attending, but in the process you have most likely peaked interest from others who might just be looking for a venue such as you described. I usually find it best not to gripe, it doesn't do anything but promote. Maybe not as well as praise, but it does promote.

As far as the weapon issue is concerned, any discussion on that will manage to find this thread in a much different location.

Thats why I prefer to do my sovenier shopping and hang my hat in these kind of back alley joints Zag,,,,, I think all the booming and banging during the daylight hours tends to scare away those with sensitive ears :Bunny2: and answers the question of whether or not my pocket knife is still legal is self explanatory :Laugh:

PLUS = free camping, free parking, no entrance fee's, free Vendor tables ( and WOWZY - talk about pretty Vendor ladies at those tables)...