IGNORED

Saw a stunning motorcycle

JohnT

Which reminds me.... Back when we had a fairly big group of Venture Riders in the area we got together and went to a BBQ/shin-dig at one of the local MC shops. When we got there we had to split up a bit in the jammed parking lot. There were lots of folks wandering around in the lot looking at the different bikes, and I had a small crowd around the '83VR. They couldn't believe how old she was when I told them.. Kinda took me back a bit seeing that, and there were more than one of the latest and greatest parked there too. Had to puff out the chest a little on that one.... :-)

83vr 009 (Medium).JPG

Edited by Condor

Which reminds me.... Back when we had a fairly big group of Venture Riders in the area we got together and went to a BBQ/shin-dig at one of the local MC shops. When we got there we had to split up a bit in the jammed parking lot. There were lots of folks wandering around in the lot looking at the different bikes, and I had a small crowd around the '83VR. They couldn't believe how old she was when I told them.. Kinda took me back a bit seeing that, and there were more than one of the latest and greatest parked there too. Had to puff out the chest a little on that one.... :-)

I wish mine was still that pretty. Will get her mechanically sound before I worry about how pretty she needs to be. I mean at 34 years old, she still got them great legs but the rest of her is a pretty rough. Poor old girl got dropped on her side quite a bit by the previous owner I'm afraid. Never while moving though yay.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wish mine was still that pretty. Will get her mechanically sound before I worry about how pretty she needs to be. I mean at 34 years old, she still got them great legs but the rest of her is a pretty rough. Poor old girl got dropped on her side quite a bit by the previous owner I'm afraid. Never while moving though yay.

Don't feel too bad. Here's a little more history on her since then. When I bought the '99rsv I sold the bike to my son. He didn't treat her all that well and she finally ended up out on my back patio non-op'd. Mr @Zzyzx in Grass Valley ended up buying her and doing a restoration. He did an awesome job, and when he rode her down from the hills it purred like a kitten. A few months later Ed's house burned to the ground along with the detached garage and his two bikes took a lot of damage. The '83 took the brunt of the damage and heat. His '99rsv faired a little better and it's now running around Tennessee. The '83 is in storage and I'm not sure whats happened to her. Been thinking about calling Ed and getting the rest of the story....

IMG_3935.JPG

Don't feel too bad. Here's a little more history on her since then. When I bought the '99rsv I sold the bike to my son. He didn't treat her all that well and she finally ended up out on my back patio non-op'd. Mr @Zzyzx in Grass Valley ended up buying her and doing a restoration. He did an awesome job, and when he rode her down from the hills it purred like a kitten. A few months later Ed's house burned to the ground along with the detached garage and his two bikes took a lot of damage. The '83 took the brunt of the damage and heat. His '99rsv faired a little better and it's now running around Tennessee. The '83 is in storage and I'm not sure whats happened to her. Been thinking about calling Ed and getting the rest of the story....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110496

Heart broken. Wow. Parts?