IGNORED

Playing With Crotch Rockets

Ozark

Just couldn't help myself today. Riding home after a twelve hour day, I came up on a pickup following a crotch rocket. Rider had a neat flamed shirt and fancy helmet and looked good, if you can look good going 55mph on a crotch rocket. He had a puzzled looked on his face as I cruised past him. Guess he didn't think the old guy on the old 1st gen had it in him. When I hit 95 he just kinda slid into the background. About two miles further I saw this speck coming up and low and behold, it was our little speed demon. He was probably running about 110 when he passed me. Evidently he didn't like high speed running cause I caught him in a couple of more miles. This time he laid down on the tank and really opened it up. Still had to wait on him to turn off the highway when we got to town. For just a split second I dreamed of a V-Max. I'm sorry, what was I thinking. I ride a 1st gen.

I don't know what he would have done with one of you speedier guys, (you know who you are). Just made my day. Anybody else done that lately?:cool10::cool10::cool10:

I was riding with some friends last year between cloudcroft and ruidoso NM and was getting kinda bored. A group of organ donors came up behind us when the last one came past I couldn't stand it. I pulled out of the group and gave chase in five miles I had picked off two of them and was about to get the third when they decided to pull over and take a break. They gave me a funny look as I went past. I waited on the group I was riding with at an intersection they all thought I was mad at the organ donors I told them naw I was just playing with the kids.

I was riding with some friends last year between cloudcroft and ruidoso NM and was getting kinda bored. A group of organ donors came up behind us when the last one came past I couldn't stand it. I pulled out of the group and gave chase in five miles I had picked off two of them and was about to get the third when they decided to pull over and take a break. They gave me a funny look as I went past. I waited on the group I was riding with at an intersection they all thought I was mad at the organ donors I told them naw I was just playing with the kids.

yeah, Mike.

i have heard they have some AWFUL strong "tailwinds", out in that part of the country!

that must be why you FINALLY managed to catch up with them!:stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling:

just jt

yeah, Mike.

i have heard they have some AWFUL strong "tailwinds", out in that part of the country!

that must be why you FINALLY managed to catch up with them!:stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling:

just jt

What was he eating before, to give him the needed boost.......:stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

yeah, Mike.

just jt

No tail wind needed I was on a second gen not an antique.:stirthepot::rasberry::buttkick:

No tail wind needed I was on a second gen not an antique.:stirthepot::rasberry::buttkick:

If I didn't know you better, I would think you were implying something negative about my bike.:no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no: You wouldn't want to hurt all of our little 1st gen hearts, would you Mike?:crying::crying:

Regarding the Hemi Charger post, around here we have some state guys riding around in them. That just don't seem right somehow.

Ok y'all, get serious! Our 1st gens will outrun a 2nd gen without even trying but a crotch rocket is a whole different story.

I have run with boofa's and a gixxer. We all can play in the twisties, although we are leaning and pulling really hard compared to them but in the straight away, beyond 70-80mph, we are all dog meat!

From a rolling start, I have held with a '97 Gixxer 750 until about 70 (on the back wheel from about 30-50mph). Boofa's in the twisties on the tight 3 in Kerrville, still all over my backside.

Each of those were honorable runs and surprised them with what that old bike can actually do. My bro, on the '97 Gixxer, could not believe I held so well and even had her on the back wheel for a bit. There was some smoke off the back tire when we hit it.

So, don't lose the pride we have in our rides. I never will! But the sunshine is boring when it gets stretched too far.

Ok y'all, get serious! Our 1st gens will outrun a 2nd gen without even trying but a crotch rocket is a whole different story.

I have run with boofa's and a gixxer. We all can play in the twisties, although we are leaning and pulling really hard compared to them but in the straight away, beyond 70-80mph, we are all dog meat!

From a rolling start, I have held with a '97 Gixxer 750 until about 70 (on the back wheel from about 30-50mph). Boofa's in the twisties on the tight 3 in Kerrville, still all over my backside.

Each of those were honorable runs and surprised them with what that old bike can actually do. My bro, on the '97 Gixxer, could not believe I held so well and even had her on the back wheel for a bit. There was some smoke off the back tire when we hit it.

So, don't lose the pride we have in our rides. I never will! But the sunshine is boring when it gets stretched too far.

yea! gw. but you never went past the red line, let alone the "rev limiter"!!!!

you need to get "yammer dan" to show ya the ropes!

given the weight differential, a first gen, will "out perform" almost EVERY crotch rocket on the streets!

of course, 2nd gens, redline a LOT sooner than an "antique".

so , they are hopelessly , lost! second best ain't so bad, if ya ride a 2nd gen!

lol:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

just jt