IGNORED

No power

Hulk

Hey everyone, anyone have a colour picture of the main 30AMP fuse found behind the clutch side passenger FB? finally getting some consistent riding weather and when i went to start up my 08 to my surprise I had no ignition let alone any power??? So following protocol, I searched the vast resources found here and began to source out possible issues. tested the battery, no other issues found,... so decided to venture to the main fuse and found this;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109604[/ATTACH]

Went to my Clymer manual and sure looks like its missing something...

just had to post...gonna blame this one on the gremlins... I have no idea what happened to the old one. It's said the "Due to the location of the main fuse/solenoid assembly, it is somewhat exposed to road splash from the rear tire. There have been reports of severe corrosion of the main fuse contacts causing complete loss of electrical power on some bikes. In many of the cases, replacement of the solenoid/fuse assembly was required. If you do a lot of riding in the rain, it would be a good idea to inspect the main fuse connections occasionally to avoid having problems on the road."

Gremlins.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]109619[/ATTACH]

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 8.22.51 AM.pngActually it looks like he tried to add an "Auto reset" circuit breaker. I had one for a bit on my old bike because the PO had hacked the wire harness. I spent months chasing gremlins. Never overheated the fuses or the wire It was always a momentary short. Having the breaker reset in about 60 seconds was so much better than tearing into to get to that fuse. Some of the harness must have been awfully short because they took some sharp bends around bit and pieces so the bike had a lot of chaff points. I eventually got them all re-taped and went back to a slow blow fuse never had an issue after that.