IGNORED

Saw This and Wanted One....

Condor

At this morning's 4th of July parade I saw this putting down the Blvd. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted one. It took me by surprise, and I didn't have my camera out and missed the photo op, but was lucky enough that the owner came back thru the parking lot and I roped him down. It's a one of a kind that he built himself. He reminded me of Jeff and Puc. He did an awesome job. The motor is a clone of a Honda 90, and the trike/bike is like a lot available on the market. He also stated that there isn't a weld on the entire scoot, and everything came be removed and the bike put back in original comdition. Electric start, 4 speed, about 30mph safely. He said it get's a little squirrley above that. The thing purred as he pulled away. Anyway for your viewing pleasure, here are a few pics. And I guess I'm SOL in buying one...

2017-07-04 08.54.04.jpg2017-07-04 08.54.32.jpg2017-07-04 08.55.04.jpg2017-07-04 08.57.47.jpg

neat. needs a big basket on it for trips to Walmart though.

I don't see a license on it?

Yeah, I did ask him about that, and he said he's never been stopped, and even if he was he'd tell them it was a 49cc motor. That qualifies it as a motor bike and exempt. There's a top speed restriction also, but he just putzes around. The guy was a retired prefab welder and it was something to keep him occupied....

I can see a permanent "cross hatch brand" matching the cylinder head on the back of my fat leg though.

Agreed... It might have been better to have the head going the other direction....or at least vertical...

Yeah, I did ask him about that, and he said he's never been stopped, and even if he was he'd tell them it was a 49cc motor. That qualifies it as a motor bike and exempt. There's a top speed restriction also, but he just putzes around. The guy was a retired prefab welder and it was something to keep him occupied....
Out of curiosity I Googled motor assisted cycle in BC. This is what I found relating to a traffic court violation.

To sum it up, a motor assisted cycle can only use an electric motor to qualify as a bicycle. Any engine assist on a 2 or 3 wheel vehicle is considered a motorcycle and must be licensed and insured even with under 50 cc motors. There is a Limited Speed classification of 32 kph which is about 25 mph.

In the OP's case on here, claiming the engine is under 50 cc would not carry any weight and even less so if the LEO did his due diligence and checked the engine specs.

Aside from all that, I wonder how that trike might work with rear wheel steering?

Where I live here is the law regarding scooters and mopeds. However, I live in the "country". The nearest grocery store is 6 miles away. Which happens to be Walmart lol. The 2 roads that go towards walmart are GA 74 and US 80. Both are 55mph (routinely everyone does 65-70 on both) so I'd get creamed at 30mph.

http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/other-types.php

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity I Googled motor assisted cycle in BC. This is what I found relating to a traffic court violation.

To sum it up, a motor assisted cycle can only use an electric motor to qualify as a bicycle. Any engine assist on a 2 or 3 wheel vehicle is considered a motorcycle and must be licensed and insured even with under 50 cc motors. There is a Limited Speed classification of 32 kph which is about 25 mph.

In the OP's case on here, claiming the engine is under 50 cc would not carry any weight and even less so if the LEO did his due diligence and checked the engine specs.

Aside from all that, I wonder how that trike might work with rear wheel steering?

Yeah, every state...and country...is a little different. I think the CHP turns a blind eye toward gas powered pedal bikes as most of the restrictions or non-res. are for electric powered....