IGNORED

Another oil....

videoarizona

NICE = really really nice Vaz!!!! Used to be I would just stop at Wally world while crossing the country and hitting the 3k mark in the process.. Run inside - grab 3 quarts of Super Tech 20/50.. Camp out behind their car garage with a borrowed oil pan and in a couple minutes have an oil change done.. Problem is,,,, no more Super Tech at Wally World (at least what I see any more).. Left me having to spend the big bucks at Auto Zone = not good.. Thats when I switched to Dollar General (or other Dollar Stores) oil.. Just did it locally = Dollar General 20/50 generic with no modifiers.. Been using the stuff for ions = DEFINITELY the oil for high desert temps like you and I both love to ride!!

Your price here is better than mine though - think I paid 3 bucks a quart yesterday!! Now I gotta meander over to our Tractor Supply and see if they are carrying what you found.. Will also keep my eye out while crossing America this month - every 3 to 3500 miles brother - every 3 to 3500!!

THANKS for heads up Vaz!

NICE = really really nice Vaz!!!! Used to be I would just stop at Wally world while crossing the country and hitting the 3k mark in the process.. Run inside - grab 3 quarts of Super Tech 20/50.. Camp out behind their car garage with a borrowed oil pan and in a couple minutes have an oil change done.. Problem is,,,, no more Super Tech at Wally World (at least what I see any more).. Left me having to spend the big bucks at Auto Zone = not good.. Thats when I switched to Dollar General (or other Dollar Stores) oil.. Just did it locally = Dollar General 20/50 generic with no modifiers.. Been using the stuff for ions = DEFINITELY the oil for high desert temps like you and I both love to ride!!

Your price here is better than mine though - think I paid 3 bucks a quart yesterday!! Now I gotta meander over to our Tractor Supply and see if they are carrying what you found.. Will also keep my eye out while crossing America this month - every 3 to 3500 miles brother - every 3 to 3500!!

THANKS for heads up Vaz!

I wonder if thats why my car engine blew up in my Crysler Lebaron. I used the oil all the time, seen something on news about Dollar general oil not meant for cars.... Living in Gerald Missouri at the time when I had a few cars and ran Dollar General oil in them never thought anything about it. I do remember something about Detergent and Non Detergent Oil which I never see in bold on front of Oil tho really haven't been looking either. I bet the gallon jugs are even cheaper:pushups::mo money:

I had a trashed, clapped out old E150 cargo van converted into youthful partymobile. It had an auto and 300/6 which was tired and noisy as a diesel. It burned over a qt of oil per tankful of fuel. I had no money in 1980s rural SD and priorities of both time and money that did not include taking care of my crappy old sintruck. I carried a couple jugs of used waste oil and just topped off with that. Never could kill that thing regardless of how many times I had to ad 1gal plus to get it beteeen the crosshatches. I abused and overloaded this vehicle regularly for a number of years. When it clattered louder than usual I knew it was time to drown it in a few more qts of oil that some other vehicle already used up. I sold it still running to a friend on Pine Ridge res for almost nothing and it still had a shocking amount of torque in spite of being well into borrowed time. I used this van, a chain and a friend or two to drag full size trucks, cars and vans, sometimes on flats, to the scrap yard for money to fund youthful misadventures. The abuse and neglect were jaw dropping. The things I put her through:fiddle:

Engine design is an overwhelming factor in how long they last, even above neglect and abuse. The legendary slant 6 was Chryslers peak, anything after that is hit/miss in my opinion/experience. Some oils are better than others but if you have any at all the engine has no excuse not to do 250k or better. Aside from a few real jewels born of detroit steel the Japanese have handed our asses to us in regards to vehicle/engine design and engeenering, especially post muscle-car era.