IGNORED

More new tire info - all about "Chicken Strips"!! Going deep in tire terminology!

cowpuc

In a recent thread about Kenda tires, one of our club members ( WildBill1 ) made mention of something called a "Chicken Strip" in reference to the new tires I had just installed on Tweeksis.. I had posted some pictures of those tires that I had taken right after install in the thread along with a short story of how the tires had performed up to that point.. This term = Chicken Strip was new to me in speaking of tires and caused quite a discussion between my lovely bride and I as we ate dinner..

Both Tip and I both enjoy Chicken Strips (her more than I - I prefer to rip my chicken from the original chicken bones when I eat chicken - maybe a guy thing?) and for some reason we had a hard time getting beyond that reference.. After chasing my tail in my own thoughts something finally dawned on me = here is a video of what I came up with..

Hey Bill - am I close?

Edited by cowpuc

One thing to consider on the difference from one side to the other on the Chicken strips, may be the difference in the crown of the road. That typical difference in the perpendicularity of the road to the tire, with both turns being the same, would normally show more wear on the left side of the tire.

Now maybe I can go to sleep.

Randy

Chicken Strips is a very old term and I'm surprised that Puc thought it was in reference to Micky 'D's... Regardless of what folks think they are restricted to the geometry of the scoot. Some of the things might be.... The floorboards?? The rear axle (big cajones here)?? Or the composition of the tire?? You can only go so far before scrapping something. Wanna find out your Chicken Strip potential?? Hold a straight edge from the widest point of your scoot to the back tire. That will tell you the max lean, and also the max strip.. Anything less and your CHICKEN!! :whistling::icon_lurker::backinmyday:

Once had a 91 GoldWing with Markland floor boards installed that while riding thru the twisties would drag and fold up trapping my foot between the board and cylinder jugs. Found out pretty quick there is both man and machine limitations too deal with.:Avatars_Gee_George:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170617_181508.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170617_181520.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170617_181533.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/84%20Venture/PHOTO_20170617_181541.jpg

I apparently like leaning left more too. I will get rid of the rear strips once I put the bike back together. I pretty much just got her a few years ago and rode her from South Dakota to Nevada and only took her on a couple rides before her battery died. I then left her dead for about 6 months and then got deployed for a year. I have been back and working on her for about 6 months now. So she has been down for 2 years. I will treat her right and scrape some engine and bag guards soon.

I'll post pictures after my Texas trip in 2 weeks.

On my sport bikes I always got rid of my rear chicken strips. The chicken strips on your front tire are the hardest to get rid of. I only ever did that on my 2006 R6 with track style riding in the Twisties.

THATS MY CHAMP RIGHT THERE!!!!!:thumbsup:

I just KNEW if anyone would come up with a fix it for those Chicken Strips it would be you Coff:dancefool:!!!! :thumbsup: Tip, Tweeks and I tried to follow you up Mt. St. Helens where no Chicken Strips are allowed :scared::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:,,, talk about AWESOME memories Sonshine!!!

Sure am thankful to the Lord for bringing you safely home Coff!! THANK YOU again for your service Tech Sargent Coffey!!:usa::usa::usa: