IGNORED

Introducing "Candy"!! Yoo hooo Mirider = look what I found!!!!!

cowpuc

Going thru some Camera cards I used while being down for the last couple years and looky looky what I found @mirider!! WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - what a gorgeous machine that Candy is!! Makes me wanna go chase down Hot Dogs just by looking at her!! Hope all is well out there with the three of Dave, Sue and Candy!! Hope your out CTFWing!!

DSCN3465.JPG

DSCN3463.JPG

DSCN3464.JPG

DSCN3460.JPG

DSCN3457.JPG

DSCN3455.JPG

DSCN3452.JPG

DSCN3450.JPG

DSCN3448.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

Look like some nice memories :D

& yes that is one nice looking scoot, has the same lights that I got to put on my RSTD

So Puc, gotta ask why was Sue looking so shocked in that last pic? (Hands over her face like OMG) What were you doing?

Look like some nice memories :D

& yes that is one nice looking scoot, has the same lights that I got to put on my RSTD

So Puc, gotta ask why was Sue looking so shocked in that last pic? (Hands over her face like OMG) What were you doing?

Actually thats Tippy with that look of shock,, thinking maybe MiRider just told her he was gonna let me take her for a ride on his new scoot = Tip has a habit of getting emotional about such things - she do love to ride motorcycles that lady of mine!!!!!

Apologies for the mis-identification, When I viewed the video & you got on the trike & tried to start it I was just wonderin' "You ever ridden a bike before?" (Just joking of course) so many interlocks on some of these bikes.

Looking at all those "goodies" maybe we should have pilot licences instead of m/c ones! LOL

Beautiful bike, too much $$$ for this old coot though. Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Stay Safe & Healthy!

Hey, thanks for posting @cowpuc. Forgot how many pics you had taken that day, thanks for sharing.:happy34: Had to laugh at the video where we couldn't seem to get it started......just like a couple newbies :doh::stickpoke:. What happened to the vid running down the highway, did you find that. :think: Candy looks a little different now with some of the "bling" I've added but still enjoying the ride any chance we get. It was the right move at the right time........

Hey, thanks for posting cowpuc. Forgot how many pics you had taken that day, thanks for sharing.:happy34: Had to laugh at the video where we couldn't seem to get it started......just like a couple newbies :doh::stickpoke:. What happened to the vid running down the highway, did you find that. :think: Candy looks a little different now with some of the "bling" I've added but still enjoying the ride any chance we get. It was the right move at the right time........

I truly thought I had some vid of you folks running down the highway on there too Dave but this is all I found.. If I bump into it somewhere else on these cards I will gladly post it up BUT I actually think I may not of pressed the record button or something cause, if memory serves me = that vid shoulda been on there!! Not to worry though - got a BUNCH of Hot Dog chasing coming up - I will take another shot at a vid sometime this summer,,,,,, IF I can remember to grab my camera :buttkick::beer::biker:

Ohhh the presence of mind,, or the lack thereof, for some of us in geezerdom :cool10:

Going thru some Camera cards I used while being down for the last couple years and looky looky what I found @mirider!! WOWZY WOW WOW WOW - what a gorgeous machine that Candy is!! Makes me wanna go chase down Hot Dogs just by looking at her!! Hope all is well out there with the three of Dave, Sue and Candy!! Hope your out CTFWing!!

I SWEAR, I saw that trike with same female rider at the Whistle Stop Cafe, in Juliet, Georgia on Saturday. (Place is setting for movie Fried Green Tomatoes)

If I'm lying I'm dying.

Maybe not but their twins were.

They say everyone has a duplicate somewhere. :doh: Funny story: years ago I stopped for lunch at a bar in Newaygo, Michigan on the way home from a snowmobile week-end in northern Michigan. The waitress looked at me and said "you sure had a good time in here last night!" Despite my protests that I was a hundred or so miles north the night before, she insisted it was me. :confused24: Spookey.

They say everyone has a duplicate somewhere. :doh: Funny story: years ago I stopped for lunch at a bar in Newaygo, Michigan on the way home from a snowmobile week-end in northern Michigan. The waitress looked at me and said "you sure had a good time in here last night!" Despite my protests that I was a hundred or so miles north the night before, she insisted it was me. :confused24: Spookey.

So Saturday, for no particular reason I felt like a ride and ended up having lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which is about 1 hour south of my house.

After lunch, the women riding with you in Puc's picture walked up to that trike that was parked just off screen at the bottom right corner and put her purse in the trunk. I never did see you. I'm assuming your calling the bike candy because of the color??? But, I have no way of knowing.

6.12.17 download 001.jpg

6.12.17 download 002.jpg

So Saturday, for no particular reason I felt like a ride and ended up having lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which is about 1 hour south of my house.

After lunch, the women riding with you in Puc's picture walked up to that trike that was parked just off screen at the bottom right corner and put her purse in the trunk. I never did see you. I'm assuming your calling the bike candy because of the color??? But, I have no way of knowing.

I wanna go there = that Cafe looks like my kind of eatin joint.. I bet they have some AWESOME Southern cooking that would just make my innards scream - YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Seen it before Bob,, out west in little cow towns = I.E. ran into a small cow town cafe once where this woman ran the place by herself!! All she had on the menu was Biscuits and Gravy!! I ate biscuits and gravy till it was running out my ears!! 5 days later while heading up the coast of California on "1" I told Tip and Tweeks that I needed to head back to Wyoming for more Biscuits n Gravy... Good night I love to eat!!

Hey,, you ever get out to Albaqurkee - drive thru on 40 and after leaving town you will enter an Indian reservation (not really even noticable),, short ways out of town on the res there will be a gas station with a joint called "Laguna Burger" beside it.. You would do yourself a HUGE disservice if you got out that way and didnt stop for a burger cooked by those amazing Indians!! Talk about a FEAST!!!! If you do get there - stand at the counter and watch em make your burger - starts out with a slab of meat 10 or 12 inches in diameter = no joke!!!

Edited by cowpuc

Oh,, and nope,, thats not why @mirider calls his bike Candy,, his calls his bike Candy cause thats what I named that great big gorgeous amazing piece of motorcycling fun :big-grin-emoticon:

Gotta admit though - I think her color and paint quality had something to do with why the name "Candy" popped into my mind when Dave asked me about naming her = wink wink:big-grin-emoticon:

I wanna go there = that Cafe looks like my kind of eatin joint.. I bet they have some AWESOME Southern cooking that would just make my innards scream - YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Seen it before Bob,, out west in little cow towns = I.E. ran into a small cow town cafe once where this woman ran the place by herself!! All she had on the menu was Biscuits and Gravy!! I ate biscuits and gravy till it was running out my ears!! 5 days later while heading up the coast of California on "1" I told Tip and Tweeks that I needed to head back to Wyoming for more Biscuits n Gravy... Good night I love to eat!!

Hey,, you ever get out to Albaqurkee - drive thru on 40 and after leaving town you will enter an Indian reservation (not really even noticable),, short ways out of town on the res there will be a gas station with a joint called "Laguna Burger" beside it.. You would do yourself a HUGE disservice if you got out that way and didnt stop for a burger cooked by those amazing Indians!! Talk about a FEAST!!!! If you do get there - stand at the counter and watch em make your burger - starts out with a slab of meat 10 or 12 inches in diameter = no joke!!!

Reminder to all that we have a recommended eating establishments section of the Forums.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-United-States-Restaurants

That said, Puc, you could probably write/record your own famous burgers of the USA travel log. That Laguna Burger calls to me, wth, its only a thousand mile ride away.

Oh,, and nope,, thats not why @mirider calls his bike Candy,, his calls his bike Candy cause thats what I named that great big gorgeous amazing piece of motorcycling fun :big-grin-emoticon:

Gotta admit though - I think her color and paint quality had something to do with why the name "Candy" popped into my mind when Dave asked me about naming her = wink wink:big-grin-emoticon:

Pretty bike I was thinking candy apple red. That's what drew my attention to the trike in Juliet. Guess HD was so proud of that color combo that they made more then one of em.

It was exactly as you imagined it, good ole down home SOUTHERN cooking. The place was packed and it did take me awhile to get the hostice's attention , who did not seem very hospitable, to acknowledge my presence and take my name for the waiting list. Which at that time was taking about 45 minutes to an hour.

But, once she realised I was a party of one she let me belly right up to the counter. It only took the waitress 10 minutes to see through my apparent cloak of invisibility to see me sitting there even though I know she looked straight at me several times before she did acknowledge my presence.

The first thing she asked was " Would you like the FRIED GREEN TOMATOES appetizer." I'm thinking, we'll he'll yea dahhhh, why else would I be here. But what I said was, "That would be nice."

Next she asked what I would like to drink. I respond sweet tea. IMHO, THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE TEA BEVERAGE. Her response, "I'm sorry we're out of sweat tea and it will be about 45 minutes before I can brew some more."

Ok now I'm thinking, how the heck can you of all people working in this place of all places be out of sweet tea????? How is it that you don't have a refrigerated tanker car of iced tea sitting on the railroad tracks out back right next ole Smoky Lonesomes shack? What I said was," lemonade would be fine"

The menu was a two page menu describing multiple variations of FRIED GREEN TOMATOES, FRIED chicken and a list of vegetable sides, mostly FRIED. So I selected, FRIED GREEN TOMATOES, FRIED chicken, FRIED Okra, Cole slaw and corn bread.

The food showed up lickity split, and was every bit as good as grandma used to make it. That FRIED chicken had a good a char bark as I have ever tasted. Iwas a little Leary when she asked what kind of sauce I would like, because we all know the secret is in the sauce. But, I don't ever recall grandma or anyone else for that matter ever charging me $30 U.S. for a plain chicken dinner.

But all in all it was a nice ride, a pretty day, good food, a quaint little town, with pretty biker girls and a great way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. I've spent a lot more for a lot less of a good time. I'd give it an 8 on my must do list.:twing::7_6_3[1]:

Edited by Dragonslayer