IGNORED

Headlight replacement oopps!

Bert2006

Yesterday my LED headlight decides to go in flashing mode when in low beam, would work correctly in highbeam. :confused24::confused24:. Had originally bought 2, so tonight I proceeded to replace the headlight and the ballast unit. Which means I need to open up the front fairing and drop the passing lamps in the process. All was going surprising well, got the new bulb in:cool10:, installed the ballast :cool10:and made all my connection points:cool10:. Re-installed the passing lamps :cool10:and then spent 30 min ensuring that the passing light wires would not get caught in the steering stops by zip tying them out of the way:cool10: and then tried everything to see if all functioned properly:cool10: and then went to the front of the bike to double check and that is where it hit me...:crying::crying:....I HAD NOT INSTALLED THE FRONT FAIRING before I got my passing lamps back into place :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:. An hour later and all is well again, but talk about a xh&?%Shf**&&? moment. Needed to vent, so decided to share with the troops.

AW Come on Chuck we need something ta laugh at............:Avatars_Gee_George:

Dan I don't think it was a laughing matter. I rebuilt the shocks and when I got done and everything adjusted I went for a ride, went into a hard left turn and my handlebars lifted and then I remembered that I forgot to tighten the riser bolts. Not a fun thing to forget.

Dan I don't think it was a laughing matter. I rebuilt the shocks and when I got done and everything adjusted I went for a ride, went into a hard left turn and my handlebars lifted and then I remembered that I forgot to tighten the riser bolts. Not a fun thing to forget.

Nope that wouldn't be!!! Scary!! I did a brake job on my G6 not long ago and it worked fine but my Son-in-Law walked past it and said "Whats up with those lug nuts?" After I had drove it for a week!!

They had backed most of they way off. Much more and wheel would have left me!!! It pays to go over things when done!!! Or when ya think you are done.......:Avatars_Gee_George: