IGNORED

Broken Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic Air Compressor??

Yammer Dan

I know many here do Harbor Freight for some things. I have a 21 Gal. 3 horse Air Compressor that won't build up pressure til it kicks off any more. Old Model #94667 Central Pneumatic. No Parts to be had!!! Got to looking and found Valve Plate Kit HLO26100AV for a Cambell Hausfeld HL 4000 is supposed to cure it. Anybody tried this?? I just ordered one. 16 bucks total off Flea Bay. I'll let ya know if it works as well as they say. I've got about 8 yrs or so out of this thing. Would have to think about it before buying another but if this works cain't complain.

Kit to arrive before Sat. Looks simple. If it gives me another 10 yrs cain't complain. I have been having to turn it off and on every time I need air for the last few months. Other than that its been a great compressor. Always been hard to adjust working pressure when it has pressure in it?? Knob is hard to turn but if I drop pressure it turns easy???

My Craftsman 33gal compressor also lost the ability to hold pressure a while back. I ordered the valve rebuild kit and it works perfect.

I don't know what kind of drain you have, but I replaced the little bolt and ball with a 90 degree pipe, extension, ball valve, and hose fitting. Now I can leave it in place and drain the condensation outside.

My Craftsman 33gal compressor also lost the ability to hold pressure a while back. I ordered the valve rebuild kit and it works perfect.

I don't know what kind of drain you have, but I replaced the little bolt and ball with a 90 degree pipe, extension, ball valve, and hose fitting. Now I can leave it in place and drain the condensation outside.

Great Idea!!!:backinmyday:

I have a big Sears compressor. Same thing... Valve for the air hose gets hard to turn now after ten years. But only when there is pressure in the line. Wonder if it's dirty or just worn out...

Another thing to check when I tear it apart.:bang head: