IGNORED

Audio Controls Out

OK, this is going to sound stupid, but have you turned the audio system on after replacing the battery??? To turn the audio system on, with the key in either accessory or run position, press the "audio" button for less than 1 second to turn on, and to turn the system off you press and hold the audio button for more than one second...

The plot thickens. I checked the audio fuse behind the lower cowling and it was good. I also tried to turn it on and it still doesn't work. There is no power getting to the controls. At this point I'm wondering if it is a bad amp maybe?

OK second stupid (seemingly) question, is your speedometer and odometer lighting up??? I'm looking at the R/G line...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

With the ignition on, you should see 12 volts on both the R/G line and the Br/W line at the connector for the audio unit...

...or the controller! Do you see any live voltage on the connector going to the controller? Unfortunately, we don't have active schematics of the actual system other than block diagrams so no idea whar the individual lines are doing other than supplying logic info...

Looking over the wiring of the audio system...Yamaha wants you to check 5 fuses. I think the reasoning is that they are all related somehow.

If you downloaded the service manual...look starting on page 8-51. Section 8 is the troubleshooting section. I think the audio section starts on pg 50 of that section.

2 of those fuses are the aux 12 volt connectors, one front and one rear. Don't know why, but guess they must have some bearing on the audio section otherwise why bother to test them?

Regardless...this would seem to be the next steps for you to take. If you have already followed all these tests, my apologies.

Mine had quit working and I checked the same fuse in lower cowling. it was good. Took to dealer and they fixed it. Says there was a second fuse that was blown. Did not tell me which one as the Tech had already gone home when I picked up the bike.