IGNORED

Extra headset for 2nd Gen RSV.........

YamahaLarry

Perhaps the wrong place to post this, and if so, perhaps @Freebird will overlook the err of my ways and fix it for me. :)

I don't post here a whole lot, but do read occasionally. I guess that's what happens when you are happy with your ride and it very seldom gives you any problems. I have also been busy with a lot of charity rides. Have already organized 10 to 12 this calendar year and ridden in a few more as just another biker.

I hardly ever have a passenger. BUT, there is a ride for a local non-profit that benefits childhood cancer patients and their families. The organization is Smile-A-Mile in Birmingham, aka Camp Smile-A-Mile. Most of my rides are for childhood cancer, plus I do other things for many families such as cut vinyl and make "team" tee shirts for them to sell for fund raising.

I have a NEED. Since I do not carry a passenger very often, I only have 1 headset. And before spending 100+ on a new headset, was wondering if anyone on here has an extra or old set they could sell me. In this ride, I have a PASSENGER!!! She is a 15 year old cancer patient (undifferentiated sarcoma) from Sylacauga, AL. It would be nice if she could communicate with me and also listen in to what we do when we run these rides.

Any help would be grateful.

P.S. If any of you are close to this area, the ride is on April 29th, Barber Motorsports Park, KSU 11:00 AM. Entry fee includes a lap around the track, a pin of some sorts and lunch. Also, at the end of the ride (downtown Bham at new facilities), we will interact with childhood cancer patients and play games with them. Gonna be a fun filled day with proceeds going to Smile-A-Mile.

Freebird, if I got this in wrong forum, please fix it for me sir.

Have a blessed day!

Perhaps the wrong place to post this, and if so, perhaps @Freebird will overlook the err of my ways and fix it for me. :)

I don't post here a whole lot, but do read occasionally. I guess that's what happens when you are happy with your ride and it very seldom gives you any problems. I have also been busy with a lot of charity rides. Have already organized 10 to 12 this calendar year and ridden in a few more as just another biker.

I hardly ever have a passenger. BUT, there is a ride for a local non-profit that benefits childhood cancer patients and their families. The organization is Smile-A-Mile in Birmingham, aka Camp Smile-A-Mile. Most of my rides are for childhood cancer, plus I do other things for many families such as cut vinyl and make "team" tee shirts for them to sell for fund raising.

I have a NEED. Since I do not carry a passenger very often, I only have 1 headset. And before spending 100+ on a new headset, was wondering if anyone on here has an extra or old set they could sell me. In this ride, I have a PASSENGER!!! She is a 15 year old cancer patient (undifferentiated sarcoma) from Sylacauga, AL. It would be nice if she could communicate with me and also listen in to what we do when we run these rides.

Any help would be grateful.

P.S. If any of you are close to this area, the ride is on April 29th, Barber Motorsports Park, KSU 11:00 AM. Entry fee includes a lap around the track, a pin of some sorts and lunch. Also, at the end of the ride (downtown Bham at new facilities), we will interact with childhood cancer patients and play games with them. Gonna be a fun filled day with proceeds going to Smile-A-Mile.

Freebird, if I got this in wrong forum, please fix it for me sir.

Have a blessed day!

Larry, I'm guessing you have a helmet ? I've got several sets, pm your addy and I'll get one on it's way to you.

Dick

First off Thanks to both of you for doing what you do. Larry I still have some parts left over from mine if you can't get the one from Hummingbird to work let me know.

First off Thanks to both of you for doing what you do. Larry I still have some parts left over from mine if you can't get the one from Hummingbird to work let me know.

I love doing what I do. The rewards are great in just being able to be some sort of help to those in need. I responded to Hummingbird. Thanks a mil for the offer. I am sure that I will have this young lady a headset by ride day.

It really makes me feel good that we have the people we have on this forum. Someone has a need and there is always someone out there to offer to help.

Nice.

To end this thread in an even more positive note....(though I don't see how that can be!), I took my ladies' intercom bike cable back to J&M today. It was intermittent. Last month I took in her headsets thinking that was the problem...they were fine. But they upgraded them at no charge.

The gentlemen meets me at the door this morning grinning...held out his and and took the cable back. He remembered me. Came back a minute later with a new cable and said "here ya go". No charge. Out of warrantee but J&M replaced it for free.

We were laughing because it took me so long to bring in the cable....I left knowing I would be a customer of theirs for the rest of my riding days.

Bottom line, if you have a broken J&M product, call them...ask them about it. It wouldn't surprise me if they suggest you send it in. Then you will have an extra headset you can give when one of us needs one.

And my thanks for youse guys and gals ... for all that you do for each other...

Larry, a got a set in the mail yesterday - pm'd the tracking # etc. should have it Saturday

Anxiously awaiting the arrival so I can do a surgical operation on a helmet. As it turns out, she wants to use a different helmet, and I gotta make it work.

The magic of velcro.