IGNORED

Slip Stream short windshields

I've been looking on E-Bay at the Slip Stream 6 inch and 8 inch windshields. I tried a 10 inch windshield and the buffeting was just too much for me. But I would like to run a short shield with a full face helmet. Does anyone have any experience with these short windshields?

I'm in the same situation. I'm 6'2" and the 10" clear shield I have now is ok without a Helmet but atrocious with either my 1/2 or full. I was looking at the 6" & 8" but not sure if I like the tinted but for the price its worth a shot.

My buddies HD Ultra has a Long Ride Shields with a recurve that he got for a great price, so far there are very slim offerings for a recurve for the Venture of they are upwards of $250.

Edit: looking at them now I think Clearview is the only option for a recurve.

I'm in the same situation. I'm 6'2" and the 10" clear shield I have now is ok without a Helmet but atrocious with either my 1/2 or full. I was looking at the 6" & 8" but not sure if I like the tinted but for the price its worth a shot.

My buddies HD Ultra has a Long Ride Shields with a recurve that he got for a great price, so far there are very slim offerings for a recurve for the Venture of they are upwards of $250.

Edit: looking at them now I think Clearview is the only option for a recurve.

Bratman,

I've looked and can't find recurve shields for the RSV. Where did you find them at?

Sam

I took an old stock windshield and cut it down to about 6" wanted that Street Glide look. Spent about 2 hrs taping it off, cutting it down and sanding the edge. Put it on the bike and went up the highway about 1 mile at 60mph. Came rite back home and took it rite off. Buffeting was brutal, talk about a "bad hair day":Bunny2:

Craig

Look here http://www.laminarlip.com/royalstar.php plus a 16.5" tinted F4 windshield I'm 6 ft she's 5'7' and sits up behind me. with this on, we can talk and her hair doesn't knot. with out it she's gets air blown hair and cut in here eyes even with wrap arounds. Also I can ride slower in the rain with out getting wet. Its not for every body, but I like it

Thanks' Craig! That's the kind of input I'm looking for. I wanted the street glide look also, but I don't want the buffeting I experienced with the 10" shield.

Sam

I took an old stock windshield and cut it down to about 6" wanted that Street Glide look. Spent about 2 hrs taping it off, cutting it down and sanding the edge. Put it on the bike and went up the highway about 1 mile at 60mph. Came rite back home and took it rite off. Buffeting was brutal, talk about a "bad hair day":Bunny2:

Craig

OMG - I can just imagine, if I rode with a shorter windshield. My helmet will be full of bugs by the time I reach my destination. I stay with the orginal tall windshield to protect me from the wind and other road debris.