IGNORED

Spread Sheet

2WHEELSFORME

I need to keep a list of Members in a riding club. Down the left side and across the top would be names, member number, last ride date, miles ridden this year and total etc. Along the bottom the totals of the above numbers by column and the same to the right, ride miles would add up automatically. I think it is currently being maintained with Excel which I think is overkill and I do not want to purchase Excel. I see many free spreadsheets offered on line even a limited version of Excel itself. Does anyone have a recommendation for what I might need. Type slow I'm not a computer guy.

I need to keep a list of Members in a riding club. Down the left side and across the top would be names, member number, last ride date, miles ridden this year and total etc. Along the bottom the totals of the above numbers by column and the same to the right, ride miles would add up automatically. I think it is currently being maintained with Excel which I think is overkill and I do not want to purchase Excel. I see many free spreadsheets offered on line even a limited version of Excel itself. Does anyone have a recommendation for what I might need. Type slow I'm not a computer guy.

If there is already one built in Excell you can import it and convert it. If you cant figure it out let me know I'll do it for you.

I will second the recommendation for OpenOffice. I use it all the time. My work laptop is a PC. My personal laptop is a MacBook Pro. I have OpenOffice on the Mac and it works with all the Microsoft Office files perfectly. Word, Excel, etc. are no problem. The Mac came with software that is supposed to work with them but it often doesn't display Office files correctly. OpenOffice always does. It is so good that I would never spend the money for Microsoft Office regardless if I needed something for a PC or a Mac. The company supplies Microsoft Office on my Dell or it wouldn't be there.

If there is already one built in Excell you can import it and convert it. If you cant figure it out let me know I'll do it for you.

That is a very generous offer, thank you. Yes it is built but has to be updated often. I was also hoping I could at some time get it to sort by any column. Now it is sorted numerically by the member number one column only. Hard to find someone by name if you don't know the number. I have the Open Office on my computer and hopefully will get access to the website soon. Then to learn to use it.

That is a very generous offer, thank you. Yes it is built but has to be updated often. I was also hoping I could at some time get it to sort by any column. Now it is sorted numerically by the member number one column only. Hard to find someone by name if you don't know the number. I have the Open Office on my computer and hopefully will get access to the website soon. Then to learn to use it.

Once you get the spread sheet built the easiest way to find something like a name will be to select the column you want to search by clicking on the letter at the top of the column. Once the whole column is selected press the Ctrl key and the F key at the same time, that brings up the Find option box, enter the name you are looking, select find all, or find next and the program will find it for you.

If you want to find the sum of the number sin a column or a row, use the sum function, look for the funny looking E in the ribbon headers, that is sum function.

I use Excel a lot for work and at home, very easy and handy.

Let me know if you need any help.