IGNORED

OH Magoo Microsoft has done it again.

MikeWa

I give up. Some time ago I used MSN as my internet service provider. Including MSN.com e-mail. Early on I wanted to set up their e-mail as pop3. Well after several calls to customer service we finally decided to transition to Hot Mail as the issues could not be resolved. Then a couple of years ago Microsoft changed their support of Hot Mail and I had to download Outlook Connector to continue using Hot Mail as pop3.

Then last July weird things started happening. Mail returned to sender, folders wouldn't synchronize etc. I blamed that on Windows 7 sp1 as I had allowed Microsoft to update my computer. That was a mess. Worse than a virus and could not be fully uninstalled. Even with back-up. I finally had to go to Windows 10. But my next computer will not be Microsoft. That is for sure. It finally got to where MSN e-mail was not working at all.

Today I talked to Microsoft customer service again. Turns out they completely changed Hot Mail and Outlook again last July without notice. If I want to be able to download my e-mail all I need to do is purchase their new Outlook 2016 ($99) as it is compatible with their new mail format. Or I can just access my e-mail on line, except for what they send back as undeliverable of course.

So after years with the same e-mail address I have begun the tedious process of notifying my accounts of my new address. Which is NOT Microsoft or MSN or anything else that starts with an M.

Mike

With the recent price increases foisted upon us by Comcast, I may be changing over all my Tv, internet and email to another provider. I looked at yahoo & gmail but neither will let me have my desired user names. How difficult and expensive is it to setup my own email domain?