IGNORED

going going automatic.

MikeWa

Dang it. My old 30 cal M1 has gone automatic. Probably a bad sear or spring. Some people may like that but I don't. I am not sure if I want to tackle it myself or find a gunsmith. It might be fun to do it myself but it might be safer to have a professional involved. Any thoughts.

Mike

Unload the gun first and make sure chamber is clear. Watch out for flying parts.

Oh sure. Now you tell me.

Mike

Well on the bright side the room it flew in will be very very clean and vents cleared of dust bunnies!!!

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

Dang it. My old 30 cal M1 has gone automatic. Probably a bad sear or spring. Some people may like that but I don't. I am not sure if I want to tackle it myself or find a gunsmith. It might be fun to do it myself but it might be safer to have a professional involved. Any thoughts.

Mike

I guess it probably is a M1 Carbine which would make a good threat stopper left as is.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep M1 Carbine. Got it back from the gunsmith today. It had a badly worn sear. Which he replaced. It is all better now.

The bill was only $60.00 so it didn't hurt too bad. And I feel better for having had a gunsmith check it out.

Mike