IGNORED

I have been doing some work this weekend

CMCOFFEY

I have been a big fan of the "hammered" look paint. I was thinking about a project or something the other day and thought powder coating would be the way to go. But to take it to a shop well the closest for me is over 2 hours away. I know Harbor Freight use to have a powder coat gun or something. Has anyone used one and if so how did it work? Most of the reviews on their site say its OK.

I have been a big fan of the "hammered" look paint. I was thinking about a project or something the other day and thought powder coating would be the way to go. But to take it to a shop well the closest for me is over 2 hours away. I know Harbor Freight use to have a powder coat gun or something. Has anyone used one and if so how did it work? Most of the reviews on their site say its OK.

I have the powder coat gun and the hobby oven. They work great. I have done several bikes parts on past bikes. Everything I did to include footpegs held up really well. I use powder from other sources though. Ohio Custom Coatings has been my favorite. I have not nor will I try the harbor freight powder.

Yea read that also about using a different powder than the HF stuff. Guys said uneven coverage with the HF stuff, so a fellow tried some "better quality" powder and got much better results.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/Harley2.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/coffeyR6/Harley62.jpg

That was all done with the HF powder coating gun and the hobby oven. I almost got every piece of chrome off of that bike. When you think you found everything something else will pop out at you. I used semi gloss black, high gloss black, and wrinkle black.

Is that a HF Oven and sand blaster. I used to watch American Restoration and I worked for Parks Carosel in Eldon Mo. Some of the stuff we used a soda blaster I am wanting to say the plastic horses. I seen HF has soda blaster, sand blasters, and another set up to but didn't get much of a look at it cause my son thought I should buy a 300 gallon air compressor. But I like both those powder coating jobs. When I worked at Haines finishing I used to have to clean them ovens, I don't think anyones old lady would want them Baking it in the food oven. My only question is I used electro static guns to spray the powder coating on the parts there. How would a Home set up work?

The oven and sandblasting cabinet are both from HF. I have the election static powder gun from them as well. It works much like the commercial ones. You hook an electrode to the part, you step on a pedal to electrify everything and you pull the trigger to spray powder. If you you get the gun tip too close, you start welding.