IGNORED

Rsv Muffler Cutaway

AL GUY

Here are some pics of an RSV muffler that I opened up. If you look closely at the rear section you will see tha drilling holes in the rear cone does nothing if you don't also drill the second plate. I can post more pics if anyone wants a specific view.

AL

Is That a 1st Generation muffler? I'm guessing it is...... I drilled holes in the rear place of my '00 MM limited and there was a MAJOR change in the sound!!!!

I agree drilling the pictured muffler would not produce any change though...

I was just curious but I don't see a practical way to open up a large chamber that would be needed for a deeper tone. I haven't heard any of our bikes with modified mufflers but I would suspect that they are louder but without the deep mellow tone that I like. My stock mufflers have the perfect tone but I wouldn't mind a little more decibels.

If I ever modify my mufflers I will attack the inside of the chamber that has the wire mesh and get the fiberglas packing out.

AL

The number stamped on the muffler is 4xy-1. I believe this corresponds to the number for a 1999 RSV according to the service manual posted on this board a 4xy-2 would be a California model. Other years may have different mufflers.

AL