IGNORED

Heading South

Great adVENTURE

Will be leaving Wednesday or Thursday heading south to Biketoberfest and the AIM Expo. Super excited because I have never been to the AIM Expo and last time at Biketoberfest was in 2006. My new favorite thing is tracking my ride using the Rever app and posting all my ride maps and pictures on Instagram. So if you have Rever Ill friend you and if your on Instagram you can follow me. If anyone is going to be at either that would be great to bump into you and say hi. I plan on being on the road for at least 7 days but not more than 10 days. Two days to Florida, two days in Florida, and then bounce back and forth the central and eastern time zone line on the way back north.

Be sure to call ahead and make sure where you are staying is still open. Some places got hit really bad by hurricane last week. Flooded out. We are supposed to go to Savannah Friday and am hoping all is OK for our couple days there.

Be sure to call ahead and make sure where you are staying is still open. Some places got hit really bad by hurricane last week. Flooded out. We are supposed to go to Savannah Friday and am hoping all is OK for our couple days there.

Yup :( just got that disappointing news this morning the hotel still hasn't got power. Thinking about possible spending the days in the blue ridge mountain areas. Working out the details at the last minute with the group. I'm still riding just have to figure out the logistics of the destinations now.

Yup :( just got that disappointing news this morning the hotel still hasn't got power. Thinking about possible spending the days in the blue ridge mountain areas. Working out the details at the last minute with the group. I'm still riding just have to figure out the logistics of the destinations now.

The power is being turned on little by little, the power company has folks , many from as far a way as PA, working 24 hours a day. I just got my power turned back on about an hour ago after being off since Friday.

Day 1

Slabbed it down to Virginia and took a scenic ride down skyline dr at Shenandoah National Park. Stayed at the Days Inn Waynesboro, VA. They have the most comfortable beds and best shower ever!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107624http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107625

Be mindful of deer on the parkway. Skyline to Blue ridge parkway is a greAt ride south.