IGNORED

Ghost In My Cb?

Guest k4sfc@bellsouth.net

My factory CB (2008 RSV) keeps turning itself on when I'm out riding. Cannot figure out why? Anybody else have this problem? Info on how to stop it would be appreciated? Is it a warranty repair?

Bottom line....everything on the bike is a warranty issue if you cant fix or find the problem yourself.

Now, when mine started doing weird things the members encouraged me to do the following...

Split the fairing and unplug each and every connection you can see (one at a time of course).....put a small tab of die-electric grease on each connection and reseat.

Take the seat off as there is another connection there.

For me that was the fix...the one under the seat. But doing all those under the fairing cannot have hurt anything and can only be viewed as a good maintanance idea.

Under the seat connectors was not the fix on mine. Taking it back Tuesday and they are taking the fairing apart to find the problem then. May have to order a new wiring harness they said. Also was told this is happening a lot on the newer RSV's. Said the routing of the wiring harness was causing too much strain on the connections. Or something like that. I would have been just as happy if they had a model without the AM/FM/CB Unit. I don't use it and now it's causing me many problems. True it will be nice to have if I ever need it going convoy, IF IT'S WORKING!

I didnt think I would ever use my CB either. Now, I find I use it alot as my regular riding partner has one and we talk all the time over it. We also try to get together with many other riders that have one. It does come in handy.

I hope they get it fixed quickly for you.

TNX for the kind thoughts. I'm also a "Ham" Radio Op, and usually carry a 2M band handy talkie with a speakermike on the bike. Been doing that since 1979. But you get more road info listening to CH-19.

• 5 weeks later...
TNX for the kind thoughts. I'm also a "Ham" Radio Op, and usually carry a 2M band handy talkie with a speakermike on the bike. Been doing that since 1979. But you get more road info listening to CH-19.

I am having the same problems with my new '08 Venture... controls lock up and only the volume works... Guess I will be looking at the connectors up front and under the seat. I will be installing a Kennedy cellset also to interface the 2m/440 rig with the system. Guess I will just do it all at the same time.

Did the dealer get your system working again?

73 de k1oj

Owen

Houston, Tx