IGNORED

Deer 1, stanG 0

stanG

Unfortunately every time I ride I've become complacent and keep choosing comfort over protection. I know I should gear up with the appropriate gear that I own but always wind up rolling out with sneakers, jeans, t shirt, and my 1/2 helmet. These last few post of videos and pictures are a wake up call. Sorry this happened and I hope you heal quick.

:scared::95::95::95::95::95:,,,, OUCHY OUCH OUCH OUCH BROTHER :95::95::95::95::95:..

I am soooooooooooo sorry to read about this Stang - WOWZY does that look nasty!! Sorry for taking so long to find this brother - hopefully your healing fine with no infection and all that!! You got my thoughts and Prayers Up my friend!!

We need a parts list Stang - lots of parts around here!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the well wishing everyone. I'm happy to report that the road rash is healing up well and I am down to just one gauze pad on the arm to cover up a couple deep spots near my elbow. Foot is still a little gimpy but I expect it will back to fully functional in a week or so. As far as the bike is concerned, @cowpuc here is what I need to get the repair done:

Upper fairing panel-left side - blonde

Upper fairing vent-left side

Left front crash bar

Left rear crash bar

Left turn signal assembly

Left footpeg and shifter

Considering how hard it went down and how far it slid on the tarmac really not that bad. (both me and the bike)

OK I do have a left gold fairing for you from an '87 that has the vent and turn signal assembly on it. They are the same as the '83/'84 except the cream colored section wraps around to the engine cover area rather than ending just as it turns the corner of the back section. There is one minor crack that wil be easy to repair, and the edge below the mirror was ground down to the black plastic (about 3 in long and 1/8 in wide) but could be easily touched up or hidden with a piece of plastic chrome, etc. Will respond to your PM later. Did you find a mirror yet?? Didn't see any but I'm pretty sure I do have one...somewhere...

Thanks for all the well wishing everyone. I'm happy to report that the road rash is healing up well and I am down to just one gauze pad on the arm to cover up a couple deep spots near my elbow. Foot is still a little gimpy but I expect it will back to fully functional in a week or so. As far as the bike is concerned, cowpuc here is what I need to get the repair done:

Upper fairing panel-left side - blonde

Upper fairing vent-left side

Left front crash bar

Left rear crash bar

Left turn signal assembly

Left footpeg and shifter

Considering how hard it went down and how far it slid on the tarmac really not that bad. (both me and the bike)

"DEER 1,, Stang 0"? NOT SO FAST!!!

Stang - I can for sure come up with:

Left front crash bar

Left rear crash bar

Left footpeg and shifter assembly

Tweeks is partially disassembled in the garage - I just went out and checked - those parts have a LOT of miles on em and are "usable" but I have a couple other parts bikes out back that I will also take a peek at and pick out the best parts I got for your repair. How about little things like the helmet lock on the rear crash, "tweeked" handlebar, Horn assembly, Clutch Master and lever, yadadee yadadee? Look it over really really good before I ship parts brother..

All that said,, adding in what Bongo is preachin,, looks more like:\

"DEER 1,, STANG 6" :big-grin-emoticon:

Pulled the shifter mech/foot peg, front crash, rear crash this a.m. - gonna take a little cleaning/oiling (pretty limited on my left hand/arm usage - gonna have to do your own clean up) and all that Stang but good to go parts. Bongo - you got a front blink assembly? I can come up with one if not..

Stang - PM me your shippin info and I will get this stuff out to you so you dont miss Color touring over there:happy65::happy34:

I feel your pain brother! I hit one about three years ago on the interstate doing 75 mph. Was lose-lose. One of the 3 of us didn't make it (and I still ride the same old bike...she's bulletproof albeit with a facelift).

Put 'er back together and ride on!

image.jpg

OUTSTANDING @stanG !!! Stang - you are more then welcome, glad to see your gorgeous scoot came back together so well and WAYYY glad you were not injured any worse than you were mate!! :thumbsup: EXCELLENT JOB ON GETTING THAT SWEETHEART BACK TOGETHER BROTHER:thumbsup:!!!!!

HOT DOGS FOR EVERYONE - ANOTHER GORGEOUS 1ST GEN IS STILL ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!:big-grin-emoticon::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool: