IGNORED

AUX input for satellite radio

Hi Everyone

I've searched several threats but I'm not sure which cable coming out of the radio is the aux input cable. I want to run my satellitte cable into that input with a y mount so i can keep my front opening closed while playing the satellite and still have use of the front input for later on. If anyone has a picture of this that would be great.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Hi Everyone

I've searched several threats but I'm not sure which cable coming out of the radio is the aux input cable. I want to run my satellitte cable into that input with a y mount so i can keep my front opening closed while playing the satellite and still have use of the front input for later on. If anyone has a picture of this that would be great.

Thanks everyone in advance.

The aux in from the front cassette panel runs into the fairing and connects to the main amp on the left side... As viewed from front of bike. A tiny cable compared to others same side. I bought a y adapter cable...stereo mini male to two stereo mini females about three inches long. Plugged male of adapter cable into female coming out of amp.... Plugged original cable from cassette aux into one of the females. Plugged audio out mini jack cable from xm adapter into 2nd adapter female. That's the basics.

I ran xm adapter cable from mount on left handlebar... Down bar and under the inner fairing on left side as sitting on bike. Ran xm cable end under amp area to other side and plugged it in. As stated above. Extra xm cable is coiled and stuffed next to amp.

Btw, I'm assuming you have taken off the outer fairing. I'm posting this now.. Will get a pic to you in a few minutes.

Update:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=304018&gclid=CLPCm9j74c4CFYGAfgodNScIYg&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&A=details&Q=

Above is example of cable Y adapter. I went with cable over solid little box as it will bend and take more vibrations....

1st picture is my finger showing the 3.5mm mini cable coming out of the amp. You can see the Y adapter cable male end is now plugged into it and taped with electrical tape. I'm standing on the right side of bike looking toward the center of the inner fairing...amp is black box with label in top center of photo.

20160827_083045.jpg

This next picture shows one of the other (female) ends of the Y adapter cable plugged into the original aux input from the cassette. The other female with the xm connected to it is buried under this mess. My pinkie and index fingers show the cables.

20160827_084613.jpg

The last picture is of my xm mount...on left handlebar..

IMG_20160309_115106_860.jpg

Last...my antenna is run similar fashion to the left side (as standing in front) of the inner fairing and taped there. It works most of the time there....but does get masked out in certain direction...as I guess the signal gets blocked from the radio/amp cage in center of inner fairing. You can barely see the antenna in middle picture on upper left. Look for gray duct tape over a vertical cylinder antenna....same picture as taken from front showing my two fingers holding the cables...

Note: I will never be running both the aux input by cassette and xm radio at same time so this way works for me....

Hope this helps, Vince.

david

Edited by videoarizona
added antenna info

Thanks David

Found the cable doing the rewire now.

The aux in from the front cassette panel runs into the fairing and connects to the main amp on the left side... As viewed from front of bike. A tiny cable compared to others same side. I bought a y adapter cable...stereo mini male to two stereo mini females about three inches long. Plugged male of adapter cable into female coming out of amp.... Plugged original cable from cassette aux into one of the females. Plugged audio out mini jack cable from xm adapter into 2nd adapter female. That's the basics.

I ran xm adapter cable from mount on left handlebar... Down bar and under the inner fairing on left side as sitting on bike. Ran xm cable end under amp area to other side and plugged it in. As stated above. Extra xm cable is coiled and stuffed next to amp.

Btw, I'm assuming you have taken off the outer fairing. I'm posting this now.. Will get a pic to you in a few minutes.

Update:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=304018&gclid=CLPCm9j74c4CFYGAfgodNScIYg&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&A=details&Q=

Above is example of cable Y adapter. I went with cable over solid little bix as it will bend and take more vibrations....

1st picture is my finger showing the 3.5mm mini cable coming out of the amp. You can see the Y adapter cable male end is now plugged into it and taped with electrical tape. I'm standing on the right side of bike looking toward the center of the inner fairing...amp is black box with label in top center of photo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107073[/ATTACH]

This next picture shows one of the other (female) ends of the Y adapter cable plugged into the original aux input from the cassette. The other female with the xm connected to it is buried under this mess. My pinkie and index fingers show the cables.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107074[/ATTACH]

The last picture is of my xm mount...on left handlebar..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107075[/ATTACH]

Last...my antenna is run similar fashion to the left side (as standing in front) of the inner fairing and taped there. It works most of the time there....but does get masked out in certain direction...as I guess the signal gets blocked from the radio/amp cage in center of inner fairing. You can barely see the antenna in middle picture on upper left. Look for gray duct tape over a vertical cylinder antenna....same picture as taken from front showing my two fingers holding the cables...

Note: I will never be running both the aux input by cassette and xm radio at same time so this way works for me....

Hope this helps, Vince.

david

• 1 month later...