IGNORED

Pitch for my new Champion Inverter Generator:

Rob Swallows

I loaned out my 3400 watt inverter generator to a very good friend to power his DJ equipment over the weekend. For those into amplified music or public address you know spurious noise spiking is also amplified, and undesirable. He reports back this generator is exceptionally quiet in operation with no noticeable "hum" , or background noise of any type at elevated dB levels. The generator's engine noise being spaced 100' distant, was not a factor but is also very quiet. Basically just as clean of power as provided by the utility company. I also had him take my vintage 1962 Onan 5kw set which is not inverter based, and the reports in this application are good and acceptable, but not as good as the new inverter technology.

This same guy is playing my daughter's wedding early next month and given his feedback, there may be another one on my want list. The old Onan set I've had over 40 years and is a really good mechanically quiet unit, but parts are getting hard to come by and it really likes it's fuel.....

Gotta post; the band at a wedding in Madison WI last week was powered by a generator in an indoor soccer club. 130 guests ended up at local hospitals.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/update-nearly-130-reported-to-hospital-after-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-at-wedding/41177700

Guess any kind of sense didn't apply to running an engine within an enclosed space.

Edited by Rob Swallows
spelling

Wonder if it got as bad as the local arena with indoor go cart and midget racing on a track about the size of a hockey rink. Nitro and Alky fumes in a confined place.................. sure smelled good. real clad I was on the upwind side and near the open doors...............

They only tried that once. I bet it took a while to get the rubber off the floor............