IGNORED

Progressive Spring Installation

Drreb

I live in Winder Ga. which is close to Athens Ga. I am looking for someone who has experience in installing Progressive springs and servicing my front shocks. I am not much of a mechanic so I would like to either take it to someone or maybe have someone help me do it. I would be willing to pay someone for their help if they are inclined to help me. I do have a motorcycle jack and adapter. Let me know please if you either know someone or would be interested in helping me. I just don't trust just anyone to touch my bike. It is a 2003 Yama Royal Star Venture I bought new so it's my baby. Thank you

New here to the RSV up grades to suspension but I was told by a respected member there was a better spring out there I just can't remember the brand. I did Race Tech on my VTX with fantastic results. I bought all the hardware and had the dealer install. I was too lazy. I was charged labor only as I furnished everything. I would check with the dealer first. Tell him you got the springs as a present and wanted to know if they would install and get an estimate.

I don't think Race Tech makes them for the RSV as far as I know. Even if a better brand costs more the labor is the same. I believe Progressive is at the low end. You might send buttbutler@verizon.net a note to ask his opinion on which brand is better. Or go to the other site and ask Tank.

Probably Sonic Springs, I put the sonic 1.2 in my 01 RSV with 15 weight oil. Handles great now. When you do yours, pay attention to preload and sag while setting it up. The sonic Springs are a single rate spring unlike the Progressive spring which is a progressive rate spring. If you are having handling problems also do the neck and swing arm bearings while the bike is down.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I live in Ellijay, Ga. Took the front forks off the bike and took them down to Woodstock, GA. to Traxxion Suspension. They specialize in suspensions. You can visit the website or just ride over one day and talk to them. Great set of guys! One can spend as much as you want or don't want to improve the suspension. It really boils down to the fact that we are riding a touring bike not a race bike. However you can not tell me that. I love to ride these mountain roads hard and I hated how much the front forks dive as I set up in the corners. With the new springs 37 X 315 size with 1.10 rate and the emulator springs with 3 turns & 15W & 220mm spacer that they installed made the bike really handle amazing in the mountains.

http://www.traxxion.com/

Call me if you have an questions.

Brian

Thank you for your help but I had already bought the Progressive Springs I thought they

were the ones being recommended? Guess I should pay more attention. I have never removed the front forks so that's a no go for me. Guess I'll keep looking for the right answer.