IGNORED

ignitech v80 not firing

so im trying to hook my ignitech up to my new bike. i have re configured the plugs to run the 90-93 set up, using the up to date v80 software i can not get it to fire properly using either the old map set up or the new one(i copied it from the v88 software map). i could get it to run really rough for a few seconds but it sounds like its not picking the crank position properly.

any one got any ideas? or if someone is in the edmonton area running a v80 on a 90s bike want to meet up and swap computers for a sec so i can verify mine is even working?

EDIT:

i got the bike to run by moving the channel advance up one position across the board, but it still runs like crap the tps is not recognizing movement at any rpm. it sounds like atleast one cylinder is not firing.

map.jpg

Edited by Black wing

yeah its got the map sensor on it but im not getting a read from it when its running

EDIT:

so while watching the tps i figured out where the reading issue is. the voltage reads back wards to a real tps. so closed throttle is .019v and full is .009, but the v80 software wont let me set a smaller value as the 100%

0%

0%.jpg

100%

100%.jpg

Edited by Black wing

Your MAP sensor not work. It works in the range from 0 volts up to +5. Therefore your angle of ignition is not adjusted. Replace MAP sensor or check its connection.

But the best choice installation of the sensor of a throttle shutter. It can be put on the coil cruise control. At this forum there were photos, but now they are lost(((

You might check the ign. pick up coils for resistance, should be 100 ohms, they are located inside the L/H side case but you can check the resistance at the plug fwd of the fuel filter location. Dingy says the Ignitec do not pick up a weak/low signal from these.

i got my tps and will post how i got it mounted into the carb rack tomorrow, but will have to test my coil tonight as i think its gone bad since the ignitech is picking it up so far out of position

EDIT:

so i tested my pick up and it read in 97 - 98 ohms so a bit low. and the tps is now mounted

20160811_210704.jpg

20160811_210640.jpg

20160811_210625.jpg

so since it seems i will need a new pick up, which is better the single or four coil pick up?

Edited by Black wing

i got my tps and will post how i got it mounted into the carb rack tomorrow, but will have to test my coil tonight as i think its gone bad since the ignitech is picking it up so far out of position

EDIT:

so i tested my pick up and it read in 97 - 98 ohms so a bit low. and the tps is now mounted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106862[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106863[/ATTACH]

so since it seems i will need a new pick up, which is better the single or four coil pick up?

Unless you have changed out the 1991 flywheel to an earlier one (1989 and older) you will need to use the single pick-up coil for the 1990-1993 Venture, 3UF-81670-00-00.

As an aside: your carbs are 34mm, not the 35mm that came on the 1300cc First Gen Ventures. Did you swap them from a 1200? Or perhaps the Canadian Ventures still used 34mm carbs while the US models received 35mm carbs?

As an aside: your carbs are 34mm, not the 35mm that came on the 1300cc First Gen Ventures. Did you swap them from a 1200? Or perhaps the Canadian Ventures still used 34mm carbs while the US models received 35mm carbs?

those arent the carbs in the bike, they are just a set i pulled off the shelf at random to set up the tps before i pulled the ones in the bike.

i will swap the flywheel and the bikes harness if the 4 coil is better i just want to make sure im setting it up with the best gear for when i do the vmax top end conversion