IGNORED

Dang Squirrel

kevin-vic-b.c.

I've made a squirrel head shot with a .357. It just takes 5 years of 8,000 rounds per year of practice first.

The trick is to get it while it is still outside, saves on roof repairs. The other advantage of a 357 over a pellet gun is that the squirrel can not hide behind a stick, well he can but it won't matter.

Dang, I sure do wish I could still shoot like that...................

I been smackin Chipmunks with my little .177 spring air all spring/summer here.. Pulled off a 45 yard free hand headshot a month or so ago. Then another 40 yarder - getting down right lethal I was thinking.. Neighbor Larry comes down the other day,,, sitting in the chairs out front and a Munk almost runs over my feet and climbs inside a gutter downspout about 8 feet away from us.. I told Larry to keep em busy and I ran to get "the Munk Buster".. Got the shooter, sat back in the chair - Munk stuck his head out and SMACK - pellet ricochated off the concrete behind him - MISSED!! Reload, MISSED,,, reload,, MISSED!!! Went to get double barrel 12 gauge :big-grin-emoticon: - came back out and Larry said the little critter came flying out of the downspout and was long gone:240:

Yesterday I noticed that the dirt was all dug up around the downspout and Kitty Cat tracks were in the sand that was dug up!! Moral of the story,,, if ya can't shoot straight and run out of ammo - hire the neighborhood feline,, they REALLY know their business:big-grin-emoticon:

Being middle of the road politically I say "Put a have-a heart trap baited with peanut butter in the attic, once you have caught him, THEN gently take him out side to a nice open area, load your shotgun , open the trap and give him a two second head start."

This is what happens if you give them a head start

If there are babies I would worry they will die without mom, and smell up everything.

Now if I was a liberal I would say that squirrel has a right to live off you

But I am not, and currently we are lucky to live in a place where blasting him with a shotgun or rat shot would be legal and fun

We have pecan trees down here, one of the farmers pays me to go and shoot squirrels, plus give me the 12 shotgun shells. That is just as good, my job pays for mileage, I get paid to ride my motorcycle. Does life get better.

Life could get better if I but a dirt bike, with a shotgun holder on it that would hold a good semiauto 12 gage and I could ride up and down the trees shooting, or falling off killing myself LOL

A. the dead babies won't stink forever ~ they're pretty small. and if the attic is properly vented, you likely would never smell them anyway.

B. I got a .22 cal air rifle w/ a 4X9 scope - drops a full grown Fluffytail Garden Rat (a.k.a. a rabbit) at 30 yds, no problem taking down squirrels. Always go for a head shot w/ air rifle & use hollow point pellets. Don't know if they are Canuck approved or not, tho.

C. You can get a machine turret mount for a Ural , Larry - that should do the trick for ya!

D. Fox squirrels not rare up here, unless I cook them that way. Definitely bigger than your average grey tree rat.

A. the dead babies won't stink forever ~ they're pretty small. and if the attic is properly vented, you likely would never smell them anyway.

B. I got a .22 cal air rifle w/ a 4X9 scope - drops a full grown Fluffytail Garden Rat (a.k.a. a rabbit) at 30 yds, no problem taking down squirrels. Always go for a head shot w/ air rifle & use hollow point pellets. Don't know if they are Canuck approved or not, tho.

C. You can get a machine turret mount for a Ural , Larry - that should do the trick for ya!

D. Fox squirrels not rare up here, unless I cook them that way. Definitely bigger than your average grey tree rat.

Did you know that if they are standing up and you do a head shot on them they'll do a back flip. If you hit them below the belt they'll do a front flip every time.

I don't own a .357 but my .45 S&W Governor can fire .410 shells - that should do the trick, eh? Yes, you can hit 'em with a handgun - technically with a bullet from a handgun.:hihi: I like my Ruger Mark III .22 in the woods - very accurate. In town & around the house & garden - give me my Benjamin .22 air rifle ~ quiet & deadly on all manner of rodent life.

As for the bats - if you can find out where they are coming out at night - wait until they leave at night, then block off the hole. Or do like my neighbor and stand by their exit with a tennis racket and wack 'em as they fly out. Yep, it works - they never hear it coming!:2133:

I don't own a .357 but my .45 S&W Governor can fire .410 shells - that should do the trick, eh? Yes, you can hit 'em with a handgun - technically with a bullet from a handgun.:hihi: I like my Ruger Mark III .22 in the woods - very accurate. In town & around the house & garden - give me my Benjamin .22 air rifle ~ quiet & deadly on all manner of rodent life.

As for the bats - if you can find out where they are coming out at night - wait until they leave at night, then block off the hole. Or do like my neighbor and stand by their exit with a tennis racket and wack 'em as they fly out. Yep, it works - they never hear it coming!:2133:

The tennis racket sounds like most fun.

The tennis racket sounds like most fun.

Oh yeah, it is! And surprisingly, very effective. Personally, I am a fan of bats, but NOT in my house. The guano carries a lot of parasites and viruses that can effect people. The only critters that share my house are my dogs - all others go in the freezer.