IGNORED

Mirrors?

Freebird

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the Kuryakyn magnum mirrors and love them! Look great and are perfect in size for me. Convex style.

I reviewed the pictures you'd posted in the picture folder back in May to see how the Magnum mirrors looked on your bike. The last two pictures however seem to have a more oval shaped mirror. Am I just seeing things? Did you switch mirrors? Is there any vibration shown in the Kuryakyn mirrors?

Thanks

Mover

The Kuryakyn Magnum plus mirrors are an oval mirror and I they are perfect for me! At speeds above 80 they do vibrate a little but I can still see clearly out of them. I have only one complaint and that is that I wish I would have paid better attention to the set screw on the side because I lost mine. I dont think I tightened it enough. Seriously though, you can't go wrong with these mirrors. Plenty big and look great.

Must be me then because I thought that in the last two pictures the mirrors looked like the Ellipse mirrors but in the earlier ones it looked like the Magnum mirrors.

Picture thread I'm referring to http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?119057-A-few-pictures&p=965701#post965701

Ellipse Mirrors http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/251/ellipse-mirrors

Magnum Mirrors http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/364/magnum-mirrors

Edited by Mover

The Kuryakyn Magnum plus mirrors are an oval mirror and I they are perfect for me! At speeds above 80 they do vibrate a little but I can still see clearly out of them. I have only one complaint and that is that I wish I would have paid better attention to the set screw on the side because I lost mine. I dont think I tightened it enough. Seriously though, you can't go wrong with these mirrors. Plenty big and look great.

In relationship to the position of the OEM mirrors, do the Magnum Plus mirrors sit up higher and out further?

Definitely out further. The convex glass has kind of a panoramic view....a wider viewing area. Seriously, these were definitely worth the money. Better than stock IMO.

I'm not a tall guy but when I first got the RSV it bothered me that I had to look down to look in the mirrors but with time I was able to adjust the mirror positioning but still not 100% happy. Did not have that issue with my first two cruiser bikes. My OEM mirrors got pitted when we were caught in a storm in South Dakota at the end of June.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I like the looks of the HD mirrors on the RSV. If it was me I'd just let em ride as they are, just to give folks something to talk about. BTW,, I haven't been around much lately,, but when did you get the Midnight?

Sounds like the sets I have, big rounded rectangles. I've put them on both my 650 Custom and on the RSTC. I didn't have to put them on the trike as Don had beaten me to it! They won't win any beauty contests but I love being able to really see what's behind me.

My choice was some large sort of rounded out rectangles aftermarket mirrors off Fleabay for around $30 if I remember correctly. They aren't a huge fashion statement but not fugly either but the main part is I can see clearly now...