IGNORED

Air Filter recomendation

roadwarrior

I personally am not a fan of the K&N air filters. I know many members here swear by them and have good luck with them. You have to remember that K&N's allow for more air and therefore causes a leaner running condition. I guess that on RSV's this lean condition is so slight that it is not noticeable on some bikes. I just couldn't find that "sweet" spot with the K&N's, so I switched back to the stock filters. The bike has been running great with the Bub slip-ons for the past 3 years. I just recently installed V&H slip-ons (a more beautiful sound I have never heard) with the stock filters and the bike runs like a scalded dog. So, after reading all the posts, it probably doesn't matter which you choose. Just remember, with the slip-ons, you do NOT have to change your air intake.

ok I have a question, I have been told if I go to the K&Ns on my bike I will have to rejet is this true, I have a set of drilled RK pipes and wonder if I could go to those and the K&Ns without rejetting?

TO MY UNDERSTANDING THE ONLY TIME YOU NEED TO REJET ON A VENTURE IS IF YOU GO TO A BIGER HEAD PIPE. SLIP ON'S AND AIR FILTERS HAVE NO AFFECT OTHER THAN YOU WILL HAVE TO LOWER YOUR IDLE.