IGNORED

Phone holder

Jester

Looks to be a RAM mount. Thats what I have minus the charger part there. It holds phone secure, is easy to get phone in and out. I have a u bolt type clamp onto the handle bars. How does this one mount?

Looks to be a RAM mount. Thats what I have minus the charger part there. It holds phone secure, is easy to get phone in and out. I have a u bolt type clamp onto the handle bars. How does this one mount?

Me too! Holds great!

Me too! Holds great!

• 1 month later...

So I picked this up and installed last weekend. The bike was from Wisconsin originally and some extra lights on the fairing that had to be removed for sale in Minnesota (or so I was told). Dealer cut power and ground wires and taped the off. I tied into them. The power appears to be tied to the spot light switch by the 12 volt power supply on faring. My right blinkers now flash really fast. Both front and rear bulbs are working. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SO I dont know if I am understanding everything here. The dealer cut the wires to the passing lights? Blinkers flashing fast is typically a bad bulb or a ground not good. Pull the bulbs and clean the power contact and the outer ground part. I found on mine I had to give a bit of a squeeze to the socket as they didnt make good contact. Another place to look for the signal wires to get in trouble is right up front, you can see a bundle of wires right where the fork stops are. The wires sometimes get caught and crushed and they will short out.

The dealership removed some light straps thar were on the bottom of the fairing. I used the power and ground wires they left behind to power the USB port.

I believe the power is coming off the switch for the spot lights.

After putting everything back together the right side turn signals flash faster than the left. Both front and rear bulbs are lighting up.

I think I will start be disconnecting the USB.

Then dig into the bulbs if needed. I hope this makes more sense.

I agree with Dion, something does not sound right, if the removed lights were auxiliary driving lights or fog lights and controlled from a switch, they should have no impact on the turn signals. What did you tie into the wires that were left by the dealer?

I assume you had to split the fairing to get to the wires, maybe some thing got pinched in the reassembly process or the ground for he turn signals got dropped and they are finding a new ground path, I did have a filament on a front turn signal go out once, the light still blinked but at a high rate, because the turn signal circuit was going through the running light filament which has less resistance than the turn signal filament, so higher flash rate. I never did figure out if that was a fluke or a feature, but parked it in the memory banks in case I have it happen again.

You did not happen to change over to led turn signal lamps at the same time did you? That will cause the turns to blink faster if no load resistors are installed.

Dang it man I hate electrical. but if I am looking at the schematic correctly, the right front "socket" as it were actually grounds thru the left. It looks to have a "jumper" wire that goes over and connects to the left signal. Soooo as Steve has said the right side is finding a ground, it just is not the one it needs. Bad bulbs will do it if the filament gets burned out and just happens to fall onto the other good filament. Which is what sounds like happened to him.

My problem with front lighting on my RSV came from opening the fairing up. I had to lower (drop) the fog/passing lights. that wire bundle had the turns & fog/driving light wires all bundled up together. I did not get them pushed back up exactly where they needed to go and got pinched in the stop. Then it was all kinds of fun. Put fuse in all is good. Couple days later poof, no turns. Then maybe a week or more goes by poof no fog lights. Right under the center lower part of the fairing is the connection for all that. They are just bullet connectors. If dealer was in there very good possibility pulled something a bit loose and you finished it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Djh3. Been busy. The bulb is still flashing a little faster than the other side. But not fast enough to drive me nuts. Bulb is good. So I am waiting for winter and I will find a new power source for the USB port.