IGNORED

Anyone interested in a M & E rally near Atlanta this summer?

Dragonslayer

Through the years, since joining the Venturerider's forum I have been very fortunate to travel around and see our beautiful country, visit many of the venturerider events and meet, become friends with many of you. Not to mention all the technical skills I've acquired while so many of you contributed you time and energy helping me tweaking on the different Ventures I've ridden over the years.

In the past I haven't always been in a place, circumstance or ability to give it back or pay it forward like I would've liked to for all of the good times, good friends and hospitality I have received from many of you my fellow Venturerider brothers and sisters. Now I can.

With that in mind I thought I would throw out this inquiry to see how many might be interested in visiting my home at Hacienda Ranchero at Little Paradise for a Meet & Eat retreat near Atlanta.

Here's the deal:

I live in a rural area outside of of Atlanta centered between Conyers, Stockbridge and McDonough, Georgia. It is a nice house for entertaining on a beautiful twenty acre property of mixed woods, meadows and fields. There are plenty of nice private places to camp scattered around the property with established fire pits and plenty of fire wood for the picking up. All guest would have access to the semi finished basement which includes Jacuzzi, shower the other plumbing necessities, as well as my home being open to guest as needed. If camping is not your thing there are decent accommodations within about ten miles with whatever shopping restaurants or entertainment you might desire at Conyers, Stockbridge or McDonough.

The garage is a decent work shop to work on the scooters. Meals could include, ride to local restaurant, whole pig BBQ, country breakfast , wiener and hamburgers roast, byob and beer. There is plenty of attractions within nice ride distances that could include State parks, Stone Mountain or anything else Atlanta has to offer.

I post some options and let you decide ride plan.

If this is something you might be interested in I'm thinking 4th of July weekend. I'm open for early arrivals on Friday July 1st and late leavers as desired on July 6th. If there's interest I will set a date and start planning. PLEASE POST BACK WITH YOUR INTEREST AND ACTIVITY/RIDE SUGGESTIONS.

Edited by Dragonslayer
spelling

Give us dates, I'm sure Mike and I would love to ride up and hangout.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OK, Looking ahead on the calendar all the events listed for July are up North in Canada and Ohio. Nobody seems th have anything scheduled for 4th of July. That seems perfect and appropriate for me.

So I'm thinking arrivals on Friday July 1 and event ending on Wednesday July 6th. THERE COULD ALSO BE FIREWORKS.

Hmm sounds interesting. Only thing I left from camping gear we had once is a sleeping bag and coleman lantern. I was looking for a ride this summer. Now if I can only get a kitchen pass.

I would be interested. I would probably bring the motor home towing the bike behind would this be ok?

Tom

How big a motor home? I think we could park a motor home but hook ups might be hard to accommodate. Is if self contained?

Edited by Dragonslayer
mis information

Hmm sounds interesting. Only thing I left from camping gear we had once is a sleeping bag and coleman lantern. I was looking for a ride this summer. Now if I can only get a kitchen pass.

There would be planned meals but a kitchen pass would not be hard to arrange with the chef.

As you can imagine an undertaking of this kind requires some advanced planning. To allow for the necessary logistics it would be helpful to get some assurance of a minimal attendance in time to carve the event in stone and move forward.

So let's say if ten riders are in and ready to commit by June 10th I'll commit and put it on the calendar. Of course all that are willing are welcome.

Have you looked into motel arrangements? I would be interested but would need to tow the bike there and need a place to park the trailer.

:farmer:

There is just about every motel chain you can image within about 10 miles away in any direction. Target McDonough, Stockbridge or Conyers, Ga. All are convenient to interstate access off either I-20 or I-75. But there is plenty of room to park your trailer and cage here.

It's not to late to turn one eye to the future. When you do keep in mind there are no bears here to worry about. Maybe a few deer.
I'll see you at MD.

Do you want to catch up near WV and ride the rest of the way up together. My plan is to leave ATL Thursday morning and spend the night somewhere up in that area. Then riding the rest of the way up to Oberlin on Friday. PM me.

I hope this goes forward, I took the Friday off so I will be there Fri,sat,Sunday and leaving Monday but I may head up Thursday after work so I will travel half way and get there early fri morning, I would like to see some Georgia peeps that helped me out after my accident.

• 4 weeks later...