IGNORED

Squeaky clutch pull

All of a sudden my clutch handle is very squeaky. Seems to work fine but now makes loud squeak everytime I pull it. Tried to lube the joint with white grease (spray kind) but it does not help. Had fluids changed and bled from the master a few weeks ago. Could that be related?:confused24:

Openned up the fluid reservoir as I could not tell from the sight glass if there was fluid or not (its really clear) and it was filled to the top, lost maybee 1/2 tspn in the process. Replaced cover and noise is gone. Is it possible that it was overfilled or that it had an air bubble? All seems to work fine now. :confused07:

Seems unlikely that excess fluid was causing the squeak. Maybe it was causing the diaphragm to chatter somehow..... Make sure you clean every drop of it up and wash with soap and water. Brake fluid will ruing paint and plastic.

Your clutch reservoir should not be filled much above the LOW mark. Unlike brakes, as the clutch wears the fluid level will rise. You don't want it pushing any out.

My RSV got the same thing. Only way I could get rid of it was take the handle out of fixture, and I used either moly grease like you use on rear splines or I have used anti-seize. Get it on the bolt and also on bushing in handle if you can. Clean out the area where the plunger is on handle are also. The grit could cause noise.

I have don't 2 things tobget rid of the squeak on the clutch lever...

1st....the plastic rectangular piece mounted to the underside of the perch need some grease pushed into the spring

2nd....the rubber boot that gets compressed when you pull the clutch lever can be too clean/grease free after washing the bike. I used a little 3 in 1 oil on that...

Quiet and smooth now

I wouldn't use any petroleum product on rubber. Petroleum and rubber dont mix well. Now a little dielectric grease which is a silicone product will do the same and not eat the rubber.

Found the problem as the noise came back tonight. Its the small black pin that gets compressed at the base when you pull on and release the handle. I guess when the fluid was changed it overflowed and soaked that area and took grease off. I used moly grease on it and squeak is gone. Thanks for your input...minor issue but it was anoying.:bang head: