IGNORED

Cowpuc here is a pic for you

OrlinEngh

WOW ZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW ORLIN - JUST BEAUTIFUL BROTHER!!:178::cool10::cool10::bowdown::thumbsup:!! That sweetheart sure brings back some AWESOME memories for yours truly - NOTHING,, and I repeat NOTHING sings my song like a good old SOHC 7fiddy Honda!! That dry sump motor was absolutely BULLET PROOF! Those 4 over (guessing) tubes sure bring back the memories too :thumbsup:.. Seems like that was the "cool" thing to do back in the day around here, our highschool parking lot had a number of scoots (mostly 350 Honda's, your bike would have been considered a "REAL" bikers machine back then:Cartoon_397:) with extended forks - how bout yours Or,, same same? About what year was that picture taken Or?

Now I gotta let you in on a secret,, I destroyed a number of those gorgeous old machines in my life just to get at their mighty motors to build Chops out of. I did use a number of those 4/4 pipes like you were running back then too - WOW did they sound purdy,, especially all tached out till the valves were just about to float.. What a song,, what a marvelous song!!

THANKS Orlin for the memories!!

DSCN2766.JPG

DSCN2770.JPG

DSCN8305.JPG

DSCN8278.JPG

73honda74tc185jasonwallpics 146.jpg

73honda74tc185jasonwallpics 021.jpg

wow (14).JPG

wow (16).JPG

@cowpuc ... LOVE that Honda chopper man! Always wanted one of those back in the day.

Thanks Silv, I LOVED building and riding em too - talk about fun!! Here is a shot of one of my favorite builds. I kept this one for a few years and actually rode it to the Sturgis Rally a few times from Michigan. I did a number of Hardtails and a couple of Amen Saviours (plungers - about 1/2 of spring in the rear) but this was my only one with functional rear suspention. The frame was a 69 Santee "Soft ride" - kind of rare because back in the day everyone bought and built hardtails cause they were "cooler".. Gotta tell ya brother, this "soft ride" with the 16 over springer was THE best riding highway bike I have ever owned. The key to building a long bike (over 10" of extended front end) is getting the "trail" geometry spot on "0" - no more than 1/2". Most bikes have to have positive trail in order to steer correctly - usually 3 or 4 inches - problem with a long bike is any existence of positive trail will cause the bars to "flop" at slow speeds and any negative trail makes em dangerously unrideable. This thing came out PERFECT (after 3 tries on the rake). It was like riding on a cloud and the most stable thing imaginable - lock the throttle at 80, lean back on the sleeping bag, set back and watch the world go by.. Those were amazing days!!

ti3 (11).JPG

ti3 (15).JPG

ti3 (3).JPG

ti3 (7).JPG

Puc , Very nice pieces of art, must of been a blast to build and ride them. The one in the pic a friend of mine had it and couldn't get it to run after it sat for a couple of years so I got for next to nothing hauled it home went threw it and I wanted to lean back more and instead of droping the rear of the bike I got the front end from a guy in Lacrosse and it did just what I wanted loved the ride. I can still hear my Dad saying now what are you putting on there and your doing what to the motor, But he would have to go and look in the garage to see if there was anything different on it when he would stop by.

I got that one in 1980 and had it until 1985 before that it was dirt bikes and my TS250 to ride on the road.

Puc , Very nice pieces of art, must of been a blast to build and ride them. The one in the pic a friend of mine had it and couldn't get it to run after it sat for a couple of years so I got for next to nothing hauled it home went threw it and I wanted to lean back more and instead of droping the rear of the bike I got the front end from a guy in Lacrosse and it did just what I wanted loved the ride. I can still hear my Dad saying now what are you putting on there and your doing what to the motor, But he would have to go and look in the garage to see if there was anything different on it when he would stop by.

I got that one in 1980 and had it until 1985 before that it was dirt bikes and my TS250 to ride on the road.

Or, thanks for the compliment on the Chops. Sounds like your Dad and mine were brothers or something.. Seems like my father was shaking his head and saying "what are doing to that poor thing now" most of my growing up years..

What year was your TS250 Or? I still have a 1975 sitting in the basement - aint rode it in years but was really fun old scoot.. I also bought a brand new one in 1974 that I purchased a "git kit" for from Suzuki. That "kit" was amazing - for $130 bucks I got a TM Carb, air boz, jug/head/piston and pipe. WOW did that liven things up.. Oh those good ole days brother!!

Mine looks like this,,, only minus the blinkers....

http://www.newoldbike.co.uk/images/Featured_Bikes/Suzuki/TS/12_1975_Suzuki_TS250/1975%20suzuki%20ts250%202.jpg

250.jpg

I had a 1974 that looked like this one, sounds like I may have got the same kit for mine, I went into the Suzuki shop that was in Viroqua and told Morris that I wanted to go faster and what did he have . Used to ride it to the moto cross track that was about ten miles from here and race it in the enduro class even got a few trophies. Sure was some fun days.

• 2 years later...

Dang, that brings back a lot old memories that were covered in cobwebs. Came home after Vietnam in '73 and traded my MGB for the down payment and drove off on a new Honda sebin-first-time. Had that baby shipped to my next duty station in Udorn Thailand, then back to Ft. Lauderdale when I rotated back to security group activity at Homestead AFB Fla. Drove her down to Key West on my honeymoon. As things turned out, I shoulda sold that woman and kept the bike cause IT never never let me down or ran off with some other kawasaki or something...lol. ...hind sight..