IGNORED

side kick stand

If you are trying to say it leans waaay too far over, check the bolt that the kickstand pivots on and the holes it goes through. Those bolts have been known to bend/break and the holes get out of round...

Yep,, lift the bike up off the stand and check the movement in the stand. Should be fairly tight side to side against the tab that the stand mounts to the frame on. If its loose be very careful how much tightening you do on the bolt that goes thru the stand - its a shoulder bold that will not withstand a lot of over tightening. Take the stand off and you may find that opening where the frame tab slides into has been sprung open - easily corrected by taking a hammer and smacking it with concrete behind it or the back side of a vice. Now put the bolt back in it and make sure the its squeezes the stand enough to snug it up against the tab. If needed you can shim out the bolt with a washer but you need to do this from the head of the bolt.

Word of advice, dont put to much pressure on that stand until you get it corrected. Have actually broke one off under conditions similar to what your dealing with - not a pretty site and can be dangerous if your leg is under it OR, even worse if it falls on a child who was playing on the bike.

Stock length and maintained, those kickstands are a good length and bike should be perfect even with top pressure in rear shock and new progressive springs in the forks with max preload. That said, even a small amount of wear/play in the kickstand mount WILL show up as a non friendly "lean"..

Any of this make sense?

has anyone had to bend their side kick stand. Bike will tip over quite easy while on the side stand

Think I may have misread this in my last response.. Sounds like your talking about the stand being to long and the bike falling away from the stand (which was what Fool was referring to)? If that is the case, this is not uncommon when the front fork springs are sacked. Let the air out of the front forks, lift the bike up to center and see how much travel you have in the forks, you should have well over 2 inches of travel. Sacked front springs are common. Replace them with Progressives and preload to your satisfaction - I like 3/4 inch. Drain out old fork fluid, replace with 12.5 wt Bel-Ray, snap it back together and watch that scoot settle into that kickstand like a new scoot.. By the way, no air pressure in the front forks needed from that day forward!!

Check out the modification that Gary (Dingy) did to his kickstand. I did the mod and it worked great, I never have to worry about it again. If you need a hardened nut and bolt, I have a couple left and can send you one. PM me your address if you want to do the conversion.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=48342

Jim

So then in addition to checking the bolt as mentioned, Go back to checking post #2 and #5 .

I had this issue when I first got my bike and was able to solve it just by playing with front and rear air pressures in the shocks and tire pressure.

Just for giggles, also check to be sure that you have the recommended tire sizes installed.