IGNORED

Front wheel options

I put a Stratoliner S polished 18" wheel on the front of my bike. Found it on eBay for $200 shipped with the floating front rotors.

That is a good looking and cheap option....win win. Lol......I hated the idea of spending $1200+ on an aftermarket wheel and rotor.

• 9 months later...

Handling - I purchased the bike with a well worn Bridgestone 150 width front tire and the bike handled like a Mack truck... I went to a new 130 width on the 18" wheel (stock Stratoliner size mentioned above) and it lightened the steering up considerably. I don't know if it is any better than the factory rim with a 130-16" but it definitely looks better!

Modifications (none really) - I purchased new wheel bearings, center spacer, axle spacers directly from the RSV parts catalog; chrome bolts from Ace Hardware to mount the rotors and it fit right in with the Road Star Warrior big brake kit I already had fitted to the bike on the factory front axle.

I did measure my OEM rotors vs the Stratoliner rotors and they are they appear to be interchangeable. I wouldn't hesitate to use the RSV rotors, but I was able to upgrade mine CHEAP to full floating rotors from the Strat.

Note that the RSV has that weight in the big chrome cover and the Strat has a weight in the little cover shown in my photo. I don't think anyone here ever gave a good reason to the weight, I think it's to slightly counteract the driveshaft torque...but many of us have removed them.

• 2 weeks later...