IGNORED

Charging issue or battery?

I went for a ride yesterday, about 200 miles. I noticed about half way that the little volt meter the po installed was down to 2 yellow lights. I turned off the radio and cruise. After a short stop, when I started back up, I had my normal 1 green light. Turned the radio back on ant back to the 2 yellows. We made a few stops and I never had a problem starting. I put a meter on it when I got home and it was showing 13.65 volts charging. The battery was showing 12.5V. After running a few minutes, it was showing 12.2 to 12.? charging. The battery continued to show 12.5V. I am pretty useless when it comes to electrical issues. The battery terminals were clean and tight.

Do a search here to find out the proper way to troubleshoot your charging system. It could be a weak stator, a bad voltage regulator (2nd gens are somewhat prone to this issue) or your battery could be on it's way out. Take your battery to your local Auto Zone, etc. for a free load test...

I checked all connections from the battery to the starter. Everything is clean and tight. Had the battery load tested and it showed to be good. Not sure if I trust that though because it's almost 3 years old. Testing the stator and regulator is beyond my skill set. If it gets any worse, I will put it in the shop. Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions.