IGNORED

Shifting Saab ????

Yammer Dan

Broke the selfadjusting clutch cable on my Saab as I pulled into work place last night. Put it in 1st cranked it up and started home. You can usually shift one like this if necessary. Why is the Saab so hard to shift this way??? Went in smooth once in a while but hardest one I have ever shifted this way.

Broke the selfadjusting clutch cable on my Saab as I pulled into work place last night. Put it in 1st cranked it up and started home. You can usually shift one like this if necessary. Why is the Saab so hard to shift this way??? Went in smooth once in a while but hardest one I have ever shifted this way.

I guess you would call it "syncronizer resistance". As mraf said, it all about rpm's and matching them.

RandyA

Leg giving me chance to retire. Might take it. Not ready to quit but could do something else for a while. my luck seems to have been on vacation last couple years.

think about it dan ..

.. in sept of 07 the company that i was with for 30 years laid me off, because of a cut back from, ( at one time 45 employees now 8)... they laid me off because i could no longer do the manual labor.. i was #1 on the seniority list , and the highest paid.. so when i signed up for unemployment compensation they put me in to a displaced workers program , where they find you work or send you to school.. when i went in for my meeting they recomended disability for me because of my handycap.. at first i was against it, but after we talked about it , i decided that this could work for me.. so now goes the battle with s.s...

Leg giving me chance to retire. Might take it. Not ready to quit but could do something else for a while. my luck seems to have been on vacation last couple years.

Hey you put all those years in that place, cant they find you a nice desk job, to get you off that leg?? :cool10:

I wouldn't have a desk job there. SS granted me disability first time they saw leg. Guess thats unusual. Wrote me a letter that says I shouldn't be working there. Got it hid somewhere. About all I have to do is see doctor for my retirement from the state and they say he goes along with SS. Still fighting to get anything out of that insurance company.

Had the same with my 89, wouldn't shift worth a hoot without the clutch, the 95 I got now don't seem to have that issue, they must have cahnged something in the setup, maybe that's what they mean by automatic? you should look into it, maybe something you can add on or change or something.