IGNORED

What is a CB1100f worth?

Godlover

Just did a quick check on CL, and one like the one you posted go for 3K to 5K

What's the BMW worth?

Yeah, I found one for $2995 but wasn't as nice. My BMW is a prior Salvage and I'm asking $6250. He wants to trade the bike and $2000. I am thinking his bike and $2500.

Well, the guy emailed and said his wife read his emails and was upset because he has 6 grand in his bike. Dropped his offer to $500 and his bike on my 2005 BMW K1200LT with 7,000 miles. Sometimes I wonder about people!

Yep,, nice bikes.. I did one a number of years ago and sold it quick for 5.. Bike FLEW - had a high speed wobble that would scare the daylights out of you - ended up rebuilding the forks then it was straight.. Good sellers back in the day!! Things have changed majorly in the vintage Metric market though.. Right now a person can barely get 6 out of a good clean CBX.. Back when I did the CBF I also did a couple CBX's and those were 12k bikes all day,,, like I said - today I can buy the same CBX for 6ish - clean,running and ready to rumble.. Would be careful in the swap if I were you Godlover UNLESS you are just wanting and LOVING on a CBF.. Times are different...

By the way,, here is something you lop eared V-4 loving varmints may find interesting.. If memory serves me correctly, that CB1100F was a one year model because Honda came out with the V-4 Interceptor in 84.. The 1100f was an inline and,, I am thinking Honda found something magic about the V-4 platform :big-grin-emoticon:

That Beemer is :178::178::178:..

Is that injected Godlover? I rode a buddies out to Lake Placid one year and he rode my 1st Gen,, may have been a different year than yours.. His Beemer would outrun my Venture PLUS it got over 50mpg - seems like it was a 6 speeder with over drive.. Amazing scoot!! He had some issues with his though,, seems like I recall some pretty pricey Brakes issues or drive shaft or something... What ever it was, it was covered under warranty but the $$ amount on the repair invoice scared him and he traded it in..... NICE SCOOT THOUGH!!!:guitarist 2:

That Beemer is :178::178::178:..

Is that injected Godlover? I rode a buddies out to Lake Placid one year and he rode my 1st Gen,, may have been a different year than yours.. His Beemer would outrun my Venture PLUS it got over 50mpg - seems like it was a 6 speeder with over drive.. Amazing scoot!! He had some issues with his though,, seems like I recall some pretty pricey Brakes issues or drive shaft or something... What ever it was, it was covered under warranty but the $$ amount on the repair invoice scared him and he traded it in..... NICE SCOOT THOUGH!!!:guitarist 2:

Cowpuc, Yes it is fuel injected and the bike screams! If you can't turn a wrench or have deep pockets then the Beemer is not your bike! To change the gas and air filter you have to pull the Tupperware and remove the gas tank! By 05 the brakes are more reliable and around 5% had the final drive issue. Every bike has some sort if issues that seem to get discussed often. Kind of like a clutch basket issue in another bike I know. They do get close to 50 mpg. I'd keep it in a heartbeat I'd it fit me better.

Cowpuc, Yes it is fuel injected and the bike screams! If you can't turn a wrench or have deep pockets then the Beemer is not your bike! To change the gas and air filter you have to pull the Tupperware and remove the gas tank! By 05 the brakes are more reliable and around 5% had the final drive issue. Every bike has some sort if issues that seem to get discussed often. Kind of like a clutch basket issue in another bike I know. They do get close to 50 mpg. I'd keep it in a heartbeat I'd it fit me better.

I hear that brother,,, ya either spin a wrench or pay the piper when it comes to owning any of these puppies.. :thumbsup: