IGNORED

Thinking about a trip in March

djh3

Well the wife and I have 3 days paid for with a hotel resort thing we have to take soon. So next time I have enough time off to use it we are looking March 13-20 I think is the dates. I'm trying to see if they can get us rooms in one of the middle Keys Islamorada or what ever is the next one down (CRS kickin in) My other thought was Savannah as I know they can get rooms there. Not exactly downtown more out by Pooler or the I95 area. I'm thinking about riding the bike if the weather will cooperate. Anybody got an idea how the weather is in Savannah that time of year? WE usually go there in Oct

Not much to see in the Pooler area. I lived about 4 miles south of Pooler for 15 years.

At the I-95 & I-16 intersection there is nothing there but an intersection...

At the I-95 & 204 intersection are several restaurants, a Harley dealer and several motels.

If you stay at the I-95 & 204 intersection you can take Hwy 204 east and hit the Savannah Mall, keep heading east and it turns into the Harry S Truman Pkwy and you can take it until it ends, turn left and you will find River Street which is well known during St. Patrick's day.

Check it out here.

http://www.visit-historic-savannah.com/river-street.html

http://www.savannah.com/savannahs-st-patricks-day-celebration/

If you take the Harry S Truman Pkwy until it ends and turn right (east) you can go out to Tybee Island. http://www.savannah.com/tybee-island/

Eck didn't mention that March and April are our spring rainy months . Weather tends to be cool, but not cold, and he's right about Pooler, there's nothing there. If you decide to visit Savannah, Macon is a couple of hours away and if you like I can give you the historic tour here and show where the good food spots are. If you are willing to drive my way, would a meet n eat here be in order? I'm sure there's a few that can meet for dinner or lunch.

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.

Thanks, yea we have been to Savannah quite a few times. Stayed out in Pooler once or twice. Went to the Air Force museum they have there, that is interesting. I was kind of wondering on weather. I would really like to ride the bike up, but if its like 5 days of rain and 2 of not, I think it will stay home. Riding in rain for 500 miles is not my idea of fun.

Well the wife and I have 3 days paid for with a hotel resort thing we have to take soon. So next time I have enough time off to use it we are looking March 13-20 I think is the dates. I'm trying to see if they can get us rooms in one of the middle Keys Islamorada or what ever is the next one down (CRS kickin in) My other thought was Savannah as I know they can get rooms there. Not exactly downtown more out by Pooler or the I95 area. I'm thinking about riding the bike if the weather will cooperate. Anybody got an idea how the weather is in Savannah that time of year? WE usually go there in Oct

I will be in Savannah tomorrow on my bike.

Savannah this time of year is up and down. Rain, cold, windy, hot, just check the weather.

I was in Savannah two weekends ago, got a room right by the River Walk. You can get rooms pretty cheap this time of year

Up and down weather seems to be what I may get. Certainly am going to have to wait until a lot closer to going to worry about weather. The weekend we are looking at would be St Patrick's. So from what I read it will be packed over weekend. I am thinking about Wed nite to Fri nite.