IGNORED

Trip to Alaska

Larry1963

I have a friend here that wants to take a motorcycle trip Prudhoe Bay, AK. First that is one big trip, second, he has one of those BMW bike made for this. He wants me to go with. So I was looking at this and reading stories. I ran across a guy that took at Victory Vision up there.

So here is my question has anyone went from the lower 48 to AK on motorcycle recently. Back in the 80s and 90s I drove it a couple times in a truck and the Yukon was some pretty rough travel.

just looking for input here

I know some local goldwing riders that have done the trip at least once.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I was reading articles on line, I cannot believe I have read stories about Goldwings, Ventures, HD's Road glides, and other baggers. When he first suggested it I said no but now considering it

We went to Alaska this past June 2015. We took our 2006 venture converted to a trike with the Hannigan kit. Be prepared for 100 miles of gravel road right before the Alaska border. It doesn't matter which road you take in to Alaska both have 100 miles of gravel. We bottomed out on one frost heave and lost the mufflers, luckily the support bar on the underside of the trike prevented them from dropping on the road. Would go again bye way of ferry!