IGNORED

Air ride ?

Are you referring to a Yamaha Venture Royal also known as an XVZ13? A yvr is a completely different bike.

The air ride on the Venture is called the "CLASS" system. It only works with the engine off and the key in the ACC position.

There are a few " Known Problems " with the Class Air system.

1. the seals on the front forks are known to fail and leak Air and Oil. IF: you see oil leaking, down the struts, then obviously they will not hold air pressure.

However, the forks might be leaking Air from someplace in the system, without leaking oil around the seals.

2. At the Control panel, open up the compartment, and follow the Electrical cable about 6 inches to the first pull apart electrical plug, It is " common " for there to be

bad electrical connections in either side of this plug. ( About 6 wires going thru the plug ) Lightly PULL on each wire, and make sure the Pins are Tightly CRIMPTED onto

the wires. A wire might Pull right out of the plug. The fix is to RE-Solder the wires.

3. Under the trunk behind passenger seat, is the CLASS System Air pump unit. Gain Acess, and CLEAN ALL the Electrical plugs for the Unit.

4. The AIR LINES from the Pump, going to the Rear, and front shocks, Might be leaking air. Follow ALL these lines, and Check for AIR leaks. There a many connections,

and most of them have O-Ring Seals. Possibly you have a leak someplace.

The Modification to the front forks that most of us have done over the years, is to INSTALL, New Front Fork, springs. The " Progressive Suspension Brand " Springs.

After this modification, and A Fork Oil change, using a heavier weight fork oil, you will NOT NEED , the Air Pressure in the front forks.

See, the 1st Gen, Maintenance Section of this web site, for Detailed information on any of these modifications.

Also, installing the Aftermarket, Front Fork Brace, is a Big Improvement, in the Front Suspension System, performance. ( See Maintenance section )

My 89 just had a problem with the CLASS and it appeared to fill then when I would either turn it off or turn it to start, it would lose air pressure. I didn't quite figure the problem since I repaired and replaced several things at the same time, but you can try the solder repair to the computer board first. Then try cleaning the connections and the solenoids in the CLASS system. Be very careful taking the solenoids apart as there is a very little spring that can quickly disappear..

Are you receiving any error code readings on the display like an E2 ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...