IGNORED

any Bourbon Drinkers here?

M61A1MECH

Just curious if there are other Bourbon drinkers here.

If there are what are you drinking?

I usually default to Woodford Reserve, I really like their Double Oaked, but cannot afford to drink it as a regular, so I stay with the reserve most of the time.

Knob Creek and Markers Mark will do in a pinch, because Woodford is not always available when I am out traveling.

For a bunch of years, I was an exclusive scotch drinker until a couple of trips on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. I appreciated the sweeter taste and have begun drinking bourbon more often.

I have eave visited all the distilleries at least once, and have come to enjoy the Woodford quite a bit. There are others that I think are also quite good. They are:

Bulleit 10 year old

4 Roses small batch

4 Roses yellow label

Knob Creek

Russell Reserve

Jim Beam black label

the budget brands that I have found to be really good are:

Evan Williams

Benchmark 8 year old

The Creme de la creme I found this summer.......Bulleit Blade and Bow. At $55 a bottle, it is worth every penny. It was only available in Kentucky, but I understand it is going to be releas d in other parts of the country soon.

I'm probably going to sound like a snob here, but I LOVED my Dad's stash of 50+yr old Cabin stills. Back story on his bourbon stash. Way before I was born Dad had been part owner with a friend in a liquor store. When Dad quit drinking, he sold his friend his share of the business, but kept his extensive stash of liquor. He hit it in the garage sometime in the 60s or 70s and it was about 20 yrs aged then, and we didn't find it til after he passed in 97. I'm not an expert in whiskeys and bourbon, but I have a list to try now.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

A thread after my heart..... My favourites are Elijah Craig 12 year old Small Batch, Four Roses Small Batch, I am just finishing a bottle of Blantons, it is ok too. I have always wanted to try Van Winkles, but have never seen it.

Part of the best parts of any trip we take to the US is going into the liquor stores and finding the different bourbons, plus getting a bottle or two of Everclear for another batch of Apple pie.

I like beer, but really nothing better then a glass of bourbon and cigar sitting outside watching the world go by.

Mike