IGNORED

Problem with this web site.

Larry1963

In May I bought a 07 Venture, and from previous experience of owning a Victory I knew sites like this are well worth the money spent. So I joined. And I have received a lot of good information and met some great people, so you maybe asking what is the problem. well the problem isn't really with the site it is with the bikes we drive. They are so darn good and dependable, and like mine they come with everything you need, very little bling is needed.

I have belonged to a HD form, even though I personally never owned a HD, and a Victory form, I own a 2001 cruiser deluxe.

Well on those forms the bikes do not come with all the bling you can buy so someone is always selling something, also it seems that there is always a thread going about something breaking or how the dealer, or manufacture is hosing them over.

Here we have bikes that are great, they look great, they ride great and pretty trouble free. What do we have to write about, that is why we have word games, and other such post. We have to make up stuff to post about. This is really a good thing.

With all that said, I am very thankful for those who keep the site up, for the advice and other post.

What I would like to see, and maybe it is here and I haven't found it yet, with the riding season winding down for your Northern folks , I like to read stories about peoples adventures, look at photos and video taken while on the road. Maybe a story of a trip you are planning next year. Some good ol fashion human interest stuff.

That is all

Again Merry Christmas to all

and I do enjoy this site.

I am almost 53, it has been a busy year here. Lost my mother, I had a health scare, turned out to be nothing, had a few friends younger than me and some a little older, than me, come up with terminally ill diseases or died. However they had a life altering event. Look at all the crap going on in the world around us, at any moment out lives could be turned upside down. Without getting to deep I come to realize that I normally only ride for work, or just short trips, I have always been to busy. Well a good friend of mine and me are planning a couple long trips next year, go and see and do things before we get to old to do it.

I have always enjoyed listening to others stories and adventures, I believe it is a lost art in our country. My job takes me to nursing homes, what do you find in nursing homes? True heros, WWII Vets, or people that lived through the great depression, or other struggles of life, they have so much wisdom yet kids today (and same with me when I was younger) didn't want to take the time to listen.

I have read a few books on people riding across this great country of ours, man I want to do that and write about it.

I would rather die young doing what I love than old wishing I had done something with my life.

Ok enough deep thinking for one night.

We have great bikes, that run like champs lets put the rubber on the road and lets go.

One more deep thought, I was asked lately if money was not an object what would I do with it. I think I would buy an old house with about 8-10 bedrooms start a bread and breakfast here in the South for motorcycle riders, a place they could come and spend a week and a very cheap rate and ride in the winter. Instead of vacationing in HI or some other place, tow your bike here, or maybe have bikes someone can rent and let people ride who cannot normally ride in the winter.

Hey Larry,, I went outside and double checked my Venture to make sure it was a Yamaha after reading about how trouble free you have found yours :big-grin-emoticon:. Then it dawned on me that you were not talking about one of the 1st year 1st Gens and figured that is probably where the differences lie.. :big-grin-emoticon:

Seriously brother, I LOVE what your saying in this thread!! :clap2: I too LOVE reading all about others adventures and seeing the pics too!!:thumbsup2: Hopefully some of these lop eared varmints will respond to your suggestion like @eagleeye (cant wait to read it Steve!!!) has and come up with something to warm our hearts up my friend!!

Here is a little story (actually it goes on a few pages - I am kind of a "wordy" writer:missingtooth:) from our summer of 2014, hope this helps some until someone responds to your request to write something from this year:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?94309-Ahhhh-the-summer-of-14-ADVENTURE-SERVED-UP-GORMET-STYLE!!!!&highlight=2014+venture+west

Merry Christmas right back ya my friend!

Puc

Edited by cowpuc

Larry1963. I like the way you think. I am turning 72 in a couple months and have to face the fact that the bike is getting a bit heavy for me but I am going to keep riding as long as I can. I have enjoyed meeting some of the people here and really enjoyed the rides I have been on with them. I keep telling my wife that we have to enjoy what we can while we can. When I am finally on my death bed I want to be able to say " I am glad I did" not "I wish I had".