IGNORED

With over 12,000 members Get your Butts in gear !!!!

Brake Pad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Heck, no one talks to me much anymore either but times are changing and so has this site. Many of the old timers here don't post much anymore or comment about anything. They are here lurking but that doesn't mean that they don't like you or that they are ignoring you. ....

I'll talk with you Eck. I've been on the site for the past 6 years so think I could be considered an "old timer".

I don't have a dog in the fight as they say, but perhaps it is a 1800 AFTER the kit was installed. My guess is that Steve is trying to bring to anyone's attention who is willing to listen is that FROM THE FACTORY, mother Yammy never made a "true" stock 1800. Anyone's HP and numbers can go up with modifications, and that's cool to some. Steve was just pointing out that from Japan, inside the crate, never opened, there was never a factory built 1800.

Our Star Chapter from FT Lauderdale had over 210 members, the largest in the state. 11 Star Badge Members ( me included) Police, fire, rescue, Doctors,

In 2012 the new pres. was voted in. the club soon dropped to 6 riders. ( all us old Officers) walked away. it had become a job, and no fun.

Same here in Lynchburg, VA Brake Pad. STAR Chapter just folded. I was Pres. for 4 years and said ENOUGH....No one wanted to help....

I am out of touch, I thought it was your lovely bride who got the new bike. How do you like the Road Star I was thinking about recommending one to a coworker of mine? I have only ridden one a couple of times so it would be nice to get someone who has more experience on one than I do.

we are actually both on roadstars......I have a 2000 and she has a 2003...........we love these things. The venture is of course a smoother ride with more power and top end but the roadstar is a torque monster. It rides well but is just a little buzzy up over 75 mph but a simple pulley change. you do loose a little torque with that but better high end and better fuel economy . I and the wifes bikes are getting 34 + mpg so thats still pretty good to

Edited by painterman67

http://www.roadrunner.travel/magazine/read/july-august-2006/page/18/

yamaha did and still does make a factory v twin above 1700,,,,,its just not a raodstar.............its a stratoliner......now the big bire kits take it up a bit but really cant see why I would need it.........mine will go faster than I want it to at 1600 cc

and you folks can tell me not to feel the way i do all you want. I have had members of this site I will not name rede and stay over the weekend within 30 minutes of my house and I couldnt by an invite. Only reason I knew about it was I recognised the house they were at and commented on the pics on face book. I have also sent PM's to folks who have called me and the wife family and friends and not gotten a reply in well over a year. This all happened after I bought the roadstar.

Now I did say there are a few that never changed and they dont need to be mentioned either since they know who they are.

Maybe i shouldnt feel this way but I do

I'm not going to try to tell you how you feel. Only you know that. I can tell you that the vast majority of us here could care less about what bike you ride. I founded this site and am riding a Harley Road Glide at this time. Eck is a long time moderator and rides a Wing. MarCarl is a long time moderator and rides a Spyder. This site is still dedicated to the Venture and likely always will be but we have MANY long time members riding other models and brands. At last count, we had well over 100 Wing riders I think.

Sorry you feel slighted and I can't tell you why but it's not the way the majority of us feel. I don't care if you are riding a Vespa.

The power of roadie had all I needed, I added the XM radio & 4" speakers to the handle bars, fur seat covers, highways bars, passenger backrest & floorboards, and air horns I had mine for 8 months, put 11K+ miles on it.

when the time comes for a smaller bike, I'm going after the Yamaha 950 touring

and you folks can tell me not to feel the way i do all you want. I have had members of this site I will not name rede and stay over the weekend within 30 minutes of my house and I couldnt by an invite. Only reason I knew about it was I recognised the house they were at and commented on the pics on face book. I have also sent PM's to folks who have called me and the wife family and friends and not gotten a reply in well over a year. This all happened after I bought the roadstar.

Now I did say there are a few that never changed and they dont need to be mentioned either since they know who they are.

Maybe i shouldnt feel this way but I do

Painter,, I want you to know that I for one appreciate your openness and honesty. IMHO, our feelings are a big part of what make us human and a HUGE part of what makes us either happy or sad - they are real and they are for a reason. I know from experience that Freebird is genuine in what he is saying and want you to know he speaks for Tip and I too (we actually ride a Helix - pretty close to a Vespa:scratchchin:).

You have my thoughts, prayers and concerns as you sort out how you want to handle your feelings my friend. Having been in similar situations several times in life I can also say that for me, forgiveness - acceptance and empathy for those around me (especially family members) has gotten me thru a lot of rough times and usually back to :). Something to think about..

Painter,, I want you to know that I for one appreciate your openness and honesty. IMHO, our feelings are a big part of what make us human and a HUGE part of what makes us either happy or sad - they are real and they are for a reason. I know from experience that Freebird is genuine in what he is saying and want you to know he speaks for Tip and I too (we actually ride a Helix - pretty close to a Vespa:scratchchin:).

You have my thoughts, prayers and concerns as you sort out how you want to handle your feelings my friend. Having been in similar situations several times in life I can also say that for me, forgiveness - acceptance and empathy for those around me (especially family members) has gotten me thru a lot of rough times and usually back to :). Something to think about..

thank you and I am good with it all...I realize folks have their own lives and things change all around us weather we want it to or not. I also know the ones who stuck by us and appreciate them . i try to except that there might be things going on in others lives that are beyond my knowledge and their time is placed where they are needed at the moment. I also try not to judge or turn my back on them as I really don't know what is going on. Again life changes and we must adapt. My comment wasn't meant as a generalization of the site just of the folks that I had let into my circle.

I have lived my life on a theory that we create circle of friends and family. the ones that mean the most are the ones in the center circle. They are ireplacable and they are stuck like glue . Then there are various circles that throughout life expand and contract and even meld themselves with other circles. These folks come and go and even though it hurts I can get over it.

The ones I speak of are the few I had let into the inner circle and they left unexplained. My fail as well as I have been busy. Now as far as the site goes I said it and will say it again I am not going anywhere. I like it here. I just think sometimes certain opinions are overlooked or discounted simply because the person making a statement doesn't ride said bike so how can they know what they are talking about.

anyways I am getting long winded and my original post was not meant as a slap at the site but more of a personal observation and as such a plausible reason not to vote for me. I just go if its close otherwise I keep quiet and lurk