IGNORED

is chat room dead permanent?

painterman67

Apparently it expired the end of July. I pay it annually. Again, they failed to send me any type of reminder or invoice so like every year, I just sent them a message telling them that they screwed up again and to get it turned back on and send me an invoice and I'll gladly pay it. They have a good chat solution but terrible to deal with. I will get it turned on ASAP unless they try to jack the price way up as they usually try to do.

OK folks, this is what I have found out. NOTHING!

Actually that is not entirely correct. I have found out some things but just NOTHING from the chat provider. The chat room is hosted on a remoter server separate from our site. I pay yearly for the hosting. I think it has been a pretty good solution. There have been a handful of glitches over the year but it has been much better than previous chat solutions that I had tried. The companies website is still up but submitted support tickets to tech or sales are not being answered. I did some more research and leaned that it is not just us. Nobody is getting replies, chat rooms have expired and other than their site being up, they appear to have gone out of business. Now I never did any autopay with them. They would send me an invoice and I would pay it. This year I never got an invoice. They do have an automated online payment system. A LOT of people have lost money by using that system because it is still taking peoples money but nobody is getting anything that they pay for.

So...it appears that the chat room is dead for good. At least the one we have used for several years. I will have to do some research and see if I can find anything that will work for us that is somewhat affordable. Will let you know as soon as I can.

I appreciate all your efforts Don. Flyinfool, Yammer Dan, Painterman, bj66, rbig1, and all the others who frequent the chatroom will be waiting patiently. Thank you for working on that for us. We always have so much fun chatting together. It would be really hard to have to give it up.

Thanks again.

Yama MamaHigh Boots.jpg(For Dan!)

THANK YOU DON for all your hard work.. I am not a regular in Chat like a lot of the others BUT - the times I have visited it seemed to work great. Sorry to hear about the issues but, as always, please know that we appreciate all you do for us and glad you are on our side my friend!!!!!! Godspeed as you search for the next affordable Chat addition to our site my friend!!!:thumbsup:

woman crying.jpgI am sure I will be able to adjust to this news. I guess I will have to actually wash the dishes, clear the table, fold the clothes, cut the grass, walk the dog, and all the other things I do regularly a little earlier in the evening. But what will I do the next night.

Thank you Don, you are the best. What ever happens I will understand.

an-BabyKissing235.gifYama Mama