IGNORED

Brake caliper

Huggy

I'm in need of a front Left brake caliper and was wondering if anyone would have one I could buy from them? I don't need the pistons and stuff just a good caliper. I would love to buy the set that Skydoc 17 sells but need to wait for the Canadian $ to improve before I can do that.

Instead of fiddling around with rebuilding an OEM caliper, why don't you shop eBay for a set of R1 or R6 calipers and replace them both. The '86 already has 4 pistons so there probably won't be much stopping improvement... if any, but certain times of the year the R's can be found in very nice condition for around $50 bucks for the set. They will both fit in a medium International flat rate box for around $15US.

Condor that's what I'm probably going to do. I have my eyes on a nice set on Ebay from a 05 for $65.

Both R1 & R6 in 2005 (blue bike) were Radial Mounted Calipers that won't fit out bikes and You'll have to find a set from an older bike like the 2001 (red bike) that mount horizontally to the fork leg.

2005.jpg2001.jpg

Both R1 & R6 in 2005 (blue bike) were Radial Mounted Calipers that won't fit out bikes and You'll have to find a set from an older bike like the 2001 (red bike) that mount horizontally to the fork leg.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101306[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]101305[/ATTACH]

Yep.... :sign yeah that:

Now I'm confused I was told blue fit red don't. The Blue ones I am looking at have horizontal mounting bolts.

Sorry, my color comment was only in regards to the 2 photo's that i put up to show the different calipers/forks relative to the year of the bike.

The pictured caliper will work. But the list that the seller says is of compatible bikes is incorrect.

Agreed...