IGNORED

Firefox script

Venturous Randy

I am having a problem with Firefox coming to a stop and a box pops up about script. I can open it by hitting the debugging button and an enormous amount of stuff comes up on the page. I have even had to open Internet Explorer to be able to get on my laptop. I have been generally happy with Firefox and it was a great improvement over IE. I have done a disc clean up, cleaned out the cache and even restored to an earlier date from two months ago. Still same problem. I am also running Malwarebytes Premium that I paid for.

I am not too computer savvy and would appreciate any suggestions

I hate to think about going back to the restore to out of box condition, but I am really getting tired of how slow it is. I can't even watch a youtube video from it loading so slow.

Randy

I have had the same issues with Fire Fox Rand, usually I just click on "stop script" and continue on.. Not exactly sure what that is all about.. I also know that I frequently refresh Fire Fox and do the trouble shoot cleanup like I had mentioned to you before and that seems to help alot with the slowness.. Another thing I know that affects my puter speed is if more than one person is using our DSL at a time.. Something else that helps is rebooting both my puter and the router (turning router off for a few seconds)..

Frustrating as all get out but, still a whole lot better than the old dial up I had back when I first started with VR!!!

What da heck bro,,,, maybe we got us some strange viral thing going on...

Hopefully some puter genus will hop in and help us both out!!

By any chance is Avast the anti virus being used? I have found that recent updates in Avast anti virus did not play well with Firefox for some reason. I recently switched to Panda free anti virus. While it is still too soon to tell if it is as "safe" as Avast or AVG what I do see is my freezing of Firefox and "script issues" are gone. My Mozilla Thunderbird email client is also more responsive. My OS is Windows 7.

I just uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled and so far it is running faster. As noted, I am running Malwarebytes Premium, the paid version and I will look into Panda antivirus. I started downloading Chrome, but decided against it and uninstalled it.

Before, as I typed, there was a pause before the letters came up. Right now it seems normal.

Thanks guys,

Randy

Randy

I usually have Internet Explorer, FireFox & Chrome all loaded into my pc. I have found that some websites work best with Chrome. Yahoo works best with Firefox. Everything sucks on Internet Explorer. I'm currently upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop from 8.1 which made it a lot better. There is a new app called Internet Explorer Edge which works pretty well, yet I STILL have Internet Explorer, FireFox & Chrome all loaded into my pc.

BTW how much Ram is in your computer?

I get that too sometimes. I just cancel the script. That's on my desktop, which we almost never use anymore. On my laptop, i use script block and add block. Never hangs on the laptop.

Firefox was "da bomb" when it first came out. Fast and light on the system.

But the Firefox of today is not the Firefox it used to be.

Firefox has become fat and bloated. It's resource hog. It chews up memory like no bodies business. You can see how huge a hog it is in processes.

Every so often, I have to do a reset though the options menu to keep it from slowing down. This is a pain because you have to reload all your plugins and re-enter yoir options. It's kind of like old windows xp where you would have to reinstall about once a year or it would slow down and have all kiknd of spurious code hanging around.

I don't like Firefox's "push" updates either. Make me wonder sometimes what else they "push" on to my system. Same thing that is making me hold off on windows 10. I really dislike anyone else getting to my system without having to at least ask permission first. Seems a little to "open" for me.

But, I still find it preferable to the other browsers available. I just wish it would work better and not bloat up so much....