IGNORED

Adding new fuse panel

Make sure you use at a minimum a 10 gauge wire to hook it up to the battery. 8 gauge is better still. I used 10 for mine. I doublesided taped it to the panel directly behind the right rear facing the battery. Clean the area first and if taping, wipe the area with alcohol. No, not 151 rum either.....:rotf:

Craig,

The panel that Rod suggested is a good one. If the have O'Reilly Auto Parts stores up there, they usually carry them for only about $6. And like he said use at least 10 guage wire from the battery. But remember that if you wire it up direct, it (and anything wired through it) will be hot constantly.

I have always controlled electrical devices like this with a good 30 amp accessory relay that has been mentioned in several posts on wireing items like horns and running lights, etc. And I triggered this relay with that 10 amp accessory white plug (just the 2 wires, one hot and the other ground) over on the left side that no one knows what to do with. That way your fuse panel only is hot when the ignition switch is turned on to Acc and ON.

Hope this helps,

Rick