IGNORED

Avon Venom X discontinued for second Gen? Replaced by Avon Cobra?

Midnight

Has anyone been running Avon Cobras and are you happy with them?

It appears Avon no longer makes (or there is a limited supply left) Venom X AM41/42.

I have run the Avon Venom X since the OEM Dunlops wore out and am quite happy with the performance on my 2007 Venture. I have been through about 6 rear tires and 4 front ones. I had one experience with cracking but fortunately Avon/Jake Wilson helped out and replaced the tire.

Thanks JR

I've had the Cobra on the back of my 1st Gen. for a year and a half now, and for the most part it's been great. I've got about 12,000 miles on it, and the wear looks good, but I'd guess it'll be a little shy of the Venom. I used to get 22-24,000 miles on my Venoms. The Cobras have a lower maximum pressure, only 42 PSI. as compared to 50 PSI for the Venoms. Running @ 42 PSI, I'm beginning to notice some blocking, but it's not bad. Wet traction is good, as is the feel in the turns. I'd buy another one.

I ran 3 sets of Venoms on my 06 never had a problem, when they werent avail this time I tried the Cobras. I actually like the Cobras more, bike seems like its on rails. Dont know how they will wear compared to Venoms, but I always switched both out at about 15K. I would say if you like Avons give the Cobras a try!

Craig

Avon actually claims they'll last 15,000 miles. Obviously, for some yes, some no. I just last week put a Cobra on the rear. Put a Cobra on the front a couple of months ago. So far so good. My rear Venom only went about 11,000 miles (although I have been a little more aggressive lately). If it lasts 15K, I'll be satisfied.

I sent Avon an E Mail When I was looking to replace my rear tire awhile ago......

Hi There

I have been using the Avon Venom AM42 150/90B15 #2848912 for a few years and cannot find any trace of it for a replacement. Has it been replaced by another model ?

Using them on a 2006 Yamaha Venture.

Thank You

Reply:

Hi Keith,

The Venom was replaced by the Cobra 150/90B15 earlier this year. They are compatible with the Venom so no need to replace your front if it is not worn out.

Best regards

Sukoshi Fahey (Ms.)

Avon Motorcycle Tyres North America

4600 Prosper Dr., Stow, OH 44224

800-624-7470 x 3135 www.avonmoto.com

Direct Line 425-493-0899 Fax 330-928-0503

I have the PDF whith all the tire info if anyone wants it

Keith